Temp/Humidity in chamber

Status
Not open for further replies.

J REED

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Temp/Humidity in chamber

abclements said:
Sorry, I'm in and out on my phone. I would look into a mister. That would both keep humidity high and make the temps drop.

My tort will be here tuesday.will probably be a couple weeks before I could buy that.will he be ok with what I have till then? What mister do you recomend

Jeremy

abclements

5 Year Member
Ya he'll be fine for a couple weeks, any cool mister should work. Just keep it out of the enclosure and get a rubber tube that goes from the mister to the enclosure.

J REED

5 Year Member

abclements said:
Ya he'll be fine for a couple weeks, any cool mister should work. Just keep it out of the enclosure and get a rubber tube that goes from the mister to the enclosure.

Ok im cutting it in half long ways and wifevsays I can put inside..not happy but says go ahead..lol...should be alotveasier to control env.

Jeremy

J REED

5 Year Member

Team Gomberg said:
I wouldn't do a mister in a closed chamber... hmm.. something to seems to be off with your set up. ??

Said im moving it inside. ..its over 100 in my garage in daytime...thats whats wrong

Jeremy

J REED

5 Year Member

Team Gomberg said:
Gottcha. The room temperature will definitely affect the chamber temps.

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

With the house at 72 compared to the garage at 102...dont you think ill be able to control it now and have my warm side qith basking light and cool side now?

Jeremy

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Being in the house you will be able to keep nice warm temps using your lights.

You keep mentioning a cool side. You do know that the cool/dry side won't happen in a closed chamber, right? The coolest any spot in your chamber should be is 80F. And none of it will be dry.

Heather

J REED

5 Year Member

Team Gomberg said:

You keep mentioning a cool side. You do know that the cool/dry side won't happen in a closed chamber, right? The coolest any spot in your chamber should be is 80F. And none of it will be dry.

Heather

I mean just cooler than basking side to get away from heat if need be

Jeremy

abclements

5 Year Member

Team Gomberg said:

Heather

Long story short, he's been having problems with to high of temps, his ambient was just below what his basking should be. He wanted to get it from 90+ down to a more comfortable temp for his little guy. So when he says "cool" he doesn't mean cold and dry, just less hot than basking temps.

J REED

5 Year Member

abclements said:
Team Gomberg said:

Heather

Long story short, he's been having problems with to high of temps, his ambient was just below what his basking should be. He wanted to get it from 90+ down to a more comfortable temp for his little guy. So when he says "cool" he doesn't mean cold and dry, just less hot than basking temps.

Yes exactly.thank you...Ive done so much research before ordering him that I knew what I had to have to make it work and i was struggling . I'm having to go 20" front to back instead of the 3 ft , wife just wasnt having it in that big....and i have to paint it lol...but ill sacrifice the size of the box to get it inside and right..He will outgrow it in a few years anyways and be outside...Then my bearded dragons can have his condo...lol

Jeremy

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I get the cool side comment. I've been trying to follow along with you.
For a time you were wanting a dry/cool area in the chamber and I wanted to make sure this cool/dry isn't what you were still trying to achieve.
I'd quote it, but don't know how to from my phone. :rolleyes:

Heather

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm glad your wife has agreed to getting the habitat into the house. If the garage ambient temp is 102F degrees, there's just no way you'll get the temp inside your closed chamber any cooler than that. (even with a fan)

J REED

5 Year Member

Yvonne G said:
I'm glad your wife has agreed to getting the habitat into the house. If the garage ambient temp is 102F degrees, there's just no way you'll get the temp inside your closed chamber any cooler than that. (even with a fan)

Well she mad at me lol butbshe will get over it.im done ill take pics soon

Jeremy

Tom said:
He'll outgrow it in one or two years tops. :)

Then on to the outdoors we go :D

Jeremy

Ok indoors setup...much better...1372698295469.jpg1372698326128.jpg

Jeremy

1372699538140.jpg
Much more homey for him than the garage.
Jeremy

Attachments

• 1372698309420.jpg
    1372698309420.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:

J REED

5 Year Member
All lights are off , CHE on and tank is 81 on both sides and 90% humidity on both sideds.today my basking spot was 105, warm side was 85 °-89 or so and opposite side was around 82°....what a difference since ive brought it inside..on basking side today my humidity was about 70 and opposite side was around 80-85 % humidity. ..so glad its right now..Was just tooooooo hot in garage to manage anything.

Jeremy

abclements

5 Year Member
Perfect! I'm glad you got it all figured out! Congrats on your little guy! :)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Awesome! Good job!

It doesn't look so bad in the house. But maybe give wifey a bouquet of flowers as a special thank you ;)

Heather

J REED

5 Year Member

Team Gomberg said:
Awesome! Good job!

It doesn't look so bad in the house. But maybe give wifey a bouquet of flowers as a special thank you ;)

Heather

Oh yes...

Jeremy

Woke up this morning after having just the CHE on and temps on both sides were 80° amd humidity on both sides was 86%...sound good?

Jeremy

Definitely have my humidity I need now...1372853156784.jpg

Jeremy

Attachments

• 1372853142181.jpg
    1372853142181.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.