Status
Not open for further replies.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Texas
emysemys said:
What I'm getting here is a pretty big act of misunderstanding by most everyone who has responded to the thread. Please let's don't allow our tempers to get the best of us. Everyone just cool down and let's give Trent the benefit of the doubt. He was trying to put newbie's minds at ease about needing an exact temperature...point being, they don't need to be exact.
So let's move on.

And Please: no name calling.

The number one rule of the forum:

Do not post anything blatantly rude and/or insulting.

We're good MOM!
"smile"

Tnewton

5 Year Member
exoticsdr said:
emysemys said:
What I'm getting here is a pretty big act of misunderstanding by most everyone who has responded to the thread. Please let's don't allow our tempers to get the best of us. Everyone just cool down and let's give Trent the benefit of the doubt. He was trying to put newbie's minds at ease about needing an exact temperature...point being, they don't need to be exact.
So let's move on.

And Please: no name calling.

The number one rule of the forum:

Do not post anything blatantly rude and/or insulting.

We're good MOM!
"smile"

EXACTLY!!!!!!! I hope you did not get the impression I was saying you were being rude Dr.

ewam

5 Year Member
Southern Ca.
Hey guys don't get blame tnewton he didn't do anything wrong the guy kinda made a smart Alec response but still you really didn't have to call anyone anything. Let's just get on to the original post and yep the temps should vary between winter and summer in case a new owner to a tortoise was wondering.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Nice. Calling me names doesn't bother me in he slightest. Subjecting our fellow forum members to witness it does, however. If you have an issue with me, feel free to pm me.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Anyhoo, the 95 basking light guideline is just that, a guideline. (I just have my MVB on for a set amount of time (13 hours) as it is ballasted, so it is not on a timer).
I do try to check it especially when first set up for a week or two, more often, and adjust the height to get close to a good basking temp most of the time. And that height setting will vary between winter and summer!
The beauty of it is that if it climbs too much above 95, the torts will move to the perimeter and self regulate, or go to their cool side.
Smart little buggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.