Terrarium- plastic tubs

marissab

My terrarium for an adult russian tortoise is too small (20 gallon tank) - I've heard about people linking storage bins, and this is my first option because it's cheap.
I would build a wooden terrarium, but I don't have a whole lot of access to wood, nor am I good at using wood.. I wouldn't know where to begin.
These are two tubs I found and I want to link them together. Does anyone have any idea of how to link these two tubs? Do I need any more tubs or is this fine?
I was thinking that 2 feet by 4 feet would be ok for an adult russian

Attachments

• IMG_7005.JPG
    IMG_7005.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 21

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
My terrarium for an adult russian tortoise is too small (20 gallon tank) - I've heard about people linking storage bins, and this is my first option because it's cheap.
I would build a wooden terrarium, but I don't have a whole lot of access to wood, nor am I good at using wood.. I wouldn't know where to begin.
These are two tubs I found and I want to link them together. Does anyone have any idea of how to link these two tubs? Do I need any more tubs or is this fine?
I was thinking that 2 feet by 4 feet would be ok for an adult russian
Yes, the enclosure is far too small, sorry to say.:( My advise is: the larger it is the better: torts need A LOT of space to roam around. They are used to living in the wild where they roam around very freely.:D