The Boredom Bug Has Bitten Me. . .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
. . . so I thought I'd go through my 'saved' photos in my computer and see if there are any I need to delete. Thought I'd share some old photos with ya'll.

Full grown female YF:

10-15-11 YF-11.jpg

Dudley posing for the calendar contest:

10-21-11 for calendar.jpg

Manouria emys phayrei eating Mazuri:

10-21-11 Manouria and Mazuri-1.jpg

SO the Aldabran with Mazuri face:

10-21-11 Mazuri face Aldabran.jpg

Misty when she was a sweet young thing:

10-26-12.jpg

Two of the larger Manouria emys phayrei:

10-30-11 photo contest dscn5552.jpg

A bowlful of hatchling Gulf Coast box turtles:

11-21-11 gulf coast-3.jpg

A rescued desert tortoise with a fiber glass patch on his shell (not my picture, I know not to feed these items):

desert tortoise 3-5-17 a.JPG

Two of the different-colored desert tortoise babies I kept:

desert tortoise babies 8-25-18.jpg

Desert tortoise babies from a SoCal chapter of CTTC. In this picture you can see why I kept the two different-colored ones:

desert tortoise babies 10-15-18.jpg

More of that same group:

desert tortoise babies 11-27-18 b.jpg

Lady Grey (no longer with us):

dixie-2.jpg

A few eggs in my incubator:

eggs 3-20-18.jpg

This last group of pictures I took of my property and its tortoise yards while I was up on the roof:

enclosures 6-14-11 a.jpgenclosures 6-14-11 b.jpgenclosures 6-14-11 c.jpgenclosures 6-14-11 d.jpgenclosures 6-14-11 e.jpgenclosures 6-14-11 f.jpgenclosures 6-14-11 g.jpg

Randy Micheals

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
British columbia
Wow! Just like a real life Dinosaur.

Aw shucks, sorry to hear they are gone. I guess housing and feeding them is no joke.

Someone is selling a hatchling up here in canada on kijiji, which I find odd because the only possible area in the country that you MIGHT be able to properly raise one is the Osoyos area, Canadas only hot desert. Sort of like a milder Az. But even then it would be thousands of dollars, untold hours of work, and a lifelong commitment of course...it is an ultimate dream of mine, but will probably never happen.

I'll see if I can find that hatchling link.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
. . . so I thought I'd go through my 'saved' photos in my computer and see if there are any I need to delete. Thought I'd share some old photos with ya'll.

Full grown female YF:

View attachment 288118

Dudley posing for the calendar contest:

View attachment 288119

Manouria emys phayrei eating Mazuri:

View attachment 288120

SO the Aldabran with Mazuri face:

View attachment 288121

Misty when she was a sweet young thing:

View attachment 288122

Two of the larger Manouria emys phayrei:

View attachment 288123

A bowlful of hatchling Gulf Coast box turtles:

View attachment 288124

A rescued desert tortoise with a fiber glass patch on his shell (not my picture, I know not to feed these items):

View attachment 288125

Two of the different-colored desert tortoise babies I kept:

View attachment 288126

Desert tortoise babies from a SoCal chapter of CTTC. In this picture you can see why I kept the two different-colored ones:

View attachment 288127

More of that same group:

View attachment 288128

Lady Grey (no longer with us):

View attachment 288129

A few eggs in my incubator:

View attachment 288130

This last group of pictures I took of my property and its tortoise yards while I was up on the roof:

View attachment 288131View attachment 288132View attachment 288133View attachment 288134View attachment 288135View attachment 288136View attachment 288137
I thought you said you can't get beautiful pictures...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Aw, thank you, but to my eye they're not very good far as photography goes.
I wish I could do that better too. All the settings etc...but really the content is the most important to me...so I'm outside with a camera in my pocket too. You should have seen my son and everyone inside, scrambling when I forgot my life alert button was in my pocket also. They didn't know how to reset the alarm when it went off. We were about to have a squad here...after my verbal directions from outside they managed to get it reset. I still got a phone call to see if I was ok...and I was nice about the interruption. I was just walking that time. Next time, I'll just remember to take the durn thing out of my pocket. If people are here.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love DT babies. Those two colored ones were amazing. What ever happened to them? Did they turn out to be normally colored over time?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love DT babies. Those two colored ones were amazing. What ever happened to them? Did they turn out to be normally colored over time?
I'll go get a current picture, but you probably can't see any difference without a 'normal' next to them. . .

. . . they're 18 months old. The size discrepancy is more than likely due to being kept in pairs. I especially love the 'do-nuts' on the smaller ones' carapace:

desert tortoise yearlings 3-15-20.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They are gorgeous. Golden DTs and Golden Donut DTs. Two new color morphs!

They look kind of high domed. Any possibility of hybridization. They are very distinct looking. Never seen anything like that before.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They are gorgeous. Golden DTs and Golden Donut DTs. Two new color morphs!

They look kind of high domed. Any possibility of hybridization. They are very distinct looking. Never seen anything like that before.
I don't know, but I doubt it. I took two clutches from a CTTC chapter in SoCal to bring here and find homes for and all the rest of them were normal.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't know, but I doubt it. I took two clutches from a CTTC chapter in SoCal to bring here and find homes for and all the rest of them were normal.
Well they are fantastic looking. I'd love to see more pics, and more pics as they grow too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They'll be going outside this summer, so we'll see if the color stays or the sun changes them.

Reactions: Tom

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Cool property! I miss the green of California. How many tortoise do you currently keep?
I stopped doing turtle rescue the beginning of this year, so my 'collection' is more or less stable. If you click on the spoiler at the bottom of my posts it takes you to my turtle and tortoise collection. There are 70 plus or minus. I'm not able to count the box turtles or the water turtles, so I just guess. But there are 15 different species.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
I stopped doing turtle rescue the beginning of this year, so my 'collection' is more or less stable. If you click on the spoiler at the bottom of my posts it takes you to my turtle and tortoise collection. There are 70 plus or minus. I'm not able to count the box turtles or the water turtles, so I just guess. But there are 15 different species.
Sorry.. whats the spoiler ? I’m not very forum savvy

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sorry.. whats the spoiler ? I’m not very forum savvy
at the bottom of each of my posts there's a small, colored block containing the words, "Spoiler: My Critters" If you click on it a list ofmy turtles and tortoises comes up.