THE NUT HOUSE

TurtzInMyYard

Location (City and/or State)
AL
It's ridiculous how schools around here are handling it. There's several children in my family that are being affected by mishandling of a pandemic. One young guy is in quarantine because a close contact tested positive and has a sister that is not. Same school. But while she was in class a child next to her coughed in her face and she's sick now but still not quarantined. Another child with autism has tested positive and is in pretty close contact with my son's family and they did get sick. So far they have tested negative thank God. The schools here are not really following CDC guidelines but making up their own as it goes on and their ideas are downright stupid. They're going to fool around too much and let it spread out of control again.
The CDC is not calling the shots. They are following the orders given by 'government appointed' physicians. The CDC began whistling a completely different tune on a number of 'tried and true' protocols for the management and containment of pathogenic organisms when COVID-19 made its big splash in Jan of 2020. That was a big red flag to me that something wicked, this way comes.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The CDC is not calling the shots. They are following the orders given by 'government appointed' physicians. The CDC began whistling a completely different tune on a number of 'tried and true' protocols for the management and containment of pathogenic organisms when COVID-19 made its big splash in Jan of 2020. That was a big red flag to me that something wicked, this way comes.
Yes. And same with the schools. I actually think covid had been going around even where I live way before January 2020. If a child in a family is being quarantined due to exposure, to be actually effective, so do the other children in that family. I know from experience that there is a period of time when you have covid 19 but don't know it because you're just a little under the weather. As sick as I ended up, I didn't think I had it because the symptoms I should have had (according to the news) I didn't. Then I tested positive. Some people don't know it because they aren't as sick as the news says you should be. A different brother than the brother I live with only got tested because he'd been around me so much and felt a little sick. He was positive as well as my brother that I live with. They only felt sick 2 or 3 days. My case got pretty bad before it was over after a month or more. I don't understand why people think that wearing a mask is such a big deal and political and a rights issue. The child that coughed spit in our little girls face would have coughed into a piece of cloth instead of the face of her classmate..ok my rant is over ???

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
It's ridiculous how schools around here are handling it. There's several children in my family that are being affected by mishandling of a pandemic. One young guy is in quarantine because a close contact tested positive and has a sister that is not. Same school. But while she was in class a child next to her coughed in her face and she's sick now but still not quarantined. Another child with autism has tested positive and is in pretty close contact with my son's family and they did get sick. So far they have tested negative thank God. The schools here are not really following CDC guidelines but making up their own as it goes on and their ideas are downright stupid. They're going to fool around too much and let it spread out of control again.
And try explaining contact of a contact, and close contact of a contact to a parent who is freaking out. At least my principal is by the book and doing things according to CDC and dept of health, but it’s still a mess. Poor teachers are scrambling to get work to take home, we’re assigning laptops and doing drive thru pickups. The other hard part is the elementary kids are too young to get vaccinated. In 2 recent cases, the mothers are both nurses who attended a large family party smh

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
It’s kinda the same here too, 1 child tested positive and the sibling tested negative. Someone’s coworker tested positive, so they had to get tested and was positive with absolutely no symptoms.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
And try explaining contact of a contact, and close contact of a contact to a parent who is freaking out. At least my principal is by the book and doing things according to CDC and dept of health, but it’s still a mess. Poor teachers are scrambling to get work to take home, we’re assigning laptops and doing drive thru pickups. The other hard part is the elementary kids are too young to get vaccinated. In 2 recent cases, the mothers are both nurses who attended a large family party smh
Yes I do feel really sorry for the teachers. We think we have it bad with 2 or so kids. And stuck at home being safe.They have 29 or 30 to make them keep social distancing and make them not be little touchy feelly lovey dovey children on top of all the lessons. All I can say about the nurses is I believe you. About 3 months ago I was in the ER and got dragged down the hallway by the tubing of my IV. I had to run to keep up with her. It's all ridiculous.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
Sooo…don’t like politics. Don’t like arguing. Left cold dark room cuz Sporky and I thought it was getting a bit intense. That said I am leaving endocrinology at the end of this month and am switching to hospital medicine due to shortages of physicians directly due to COVID. There’s been lots of debate and controversy about masks, vaccines and unproven drugs. Me, well I just take care of all comers, send heartfelt sympathy cards to families who lose their loved ones, and pray we all get through this together. Everyone stay safe however you need to do it. ?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Sooo…don’t like politics. Don’t like arguing. Left cold dark room cuz Sporky and I thought it was getting a bit intense. That said I am leaving endocrinology at the end of this month and am switching to hospital medicine due to shortages of physicians directly due to COVID. There’s been lots of debate and controversy about masks, vaccines and unproven drugs. Me, well I just take care of all comers, send heartfelt sympathy cards to families who lose their loved ones, and pray we all get through this together. Everyone stay safe however you need to do it. ?
I am right their with you and Many Thanks for switching!!! We need you

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Just a reminder why I feel masks should be mandatory all the time! Enjoy this short informative video on how gross uncovered sneezes are!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Just a reminder why I feel masks should be mandatory all the time! Enjoy this short informative video on how gross uncovered sneezes are!

Saw something like that report a long time ago, way before covid. That’s why covering your face is imperative! Always should be, not just because of covid. There is OTHER STUFF you could get!!! ? yuck!!
Seeing all of that spit go EVERYWHERE.
Eeewwww!!!!
Remind me to post an “eye surgery” video for you Blackdog when YOU are eating breakfast! ???

TurtzInMyYard

AL
Yes. And same with the schools. I actually think covid had been going around even where I live way before January 2020. If a child in a family is being quarantined due to exposure, to be actually effective, so do the other children in that family. I know from experience that there is a period of time when you have covid 19 but don't know it because you're just a little under the weather. As sick as I ended up, I didn't think I had it because the symptoms I should have had (according to the news) I didn't. Then I tested positive. Some people don't know it because they aren't as sick as the news says you should be. A different brother than the brother I live with only got tested because he'd been around me so much and felt a little sick. He was positive as well as my brother that I live with. They only felt sick 2 or 3 days. My case got pretty bad before it was over after a month or more. I don't understand why people think that wearing a mask is such a big deal and political and a rights issue. The child that coughed spit in our little girls face would have coughed into a piece of cloth instead of the face of her classmate..ok my rant is over ???
I don't think most people mind wearing a mask, it's a minor inconvenience, but it does trap LARGE droplet contaminants, however COVID-19 is an infinitesimally tiny virus which catches a ride on moisture vapor from your lungs, nose and mouth, during breathing, coughing or sneezing. My only objection is everyone is wearing the wrong mask. The N-95 offers the most effective protection. Paper surgical masks and cloth masks do not prevent the microscopic vapor droplets containing COVID from passing through your mask when you exhale, and then passing through someone else's mask when they inhale. But--- people do not like feeling helpless and it makes people feel better to have a face covering however, its a bit of a misnomer and a false sense of security. If they were truly effective, we would not have so many hospitalizations and deaths.

Incidentally, last December I booked a flight with Delta airlines. I arrived with my N-95 mask in place, uncomfortable as they are, and as I approach the jetway to board, the attendant stopped me and informed me I couldn't board the plane wearing my mask and then she promptly handed me the thin, sub-quality paper surgical mask to wear instead. When I asked why, she said, "Because your mask has 'the valve' and it only protects you'.

I looked at her and asked if she understood that she was asking me, to give up maximum protection, in favor of substandard? She glazed over. I sat down my carry-on and put her mask OVER my N-95. I was not about to get on a plane full of people, sitting that closely together without the N-95.

Throughout the course of this journey with COVID, there has been one conundrum after another. I hope and pray at some point, they are able to pull all the loose ends together and we can all get back to normal...

Godspeed...on that. Cheers