1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!
Dismiss Notice
We are aware of current issues with the Tortoise Forum mobile app. We are working diligently to have the app updated to support all mobile devices again. As always, donations are greatly appreciated!

Thermostat problem

Discussion in 'Russian tortoises' started by TayefA08, Oct 12, 2017 at 7:33 AM.

1. TayefA08

TayefA08 Member

So I recently bought a microclimate model dl1 thermostat but like an idiot before reading the manual I started messing with it now I can't get it back to the default temps and don't know which way to turn it for the temps can anyone help?
  2. Markw84

Markw84 Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

(These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    That thermostat has two dials. Looking at it, the left one is factory set all the way to the counter-clockwise direction - 19°C. Turning the dial clockwise from there will increase the set temperature. so clockwise increases temp, counterclockwise to lower temp.

The left dial controls any night drop temp you want, It is factory set all the way counterclockwise at 0°. So no night drop if left there. Turning that dial clockwise increases the night drop differential. That dial goes from a 0° setting to a 25°F setting all the way clockwise.

Hope that helps.