1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Thermostat problem

Discussion in 'Russian tortoises' started by TayefA08, Oct 12, 2017.

1. TayefA08

TayefA08 Member

Jan 30, 2017
    UK, Wales,
    So I recently bought a microclimate model dl1 thermostat but like an idiot before reading the manual I started messing with it now I can't get it back to the default temps and don't know which way to turn it for the temps can anyone help?
  2. Markw84

Markw84 Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    That thermostat has two dials. Looking at it, the left one is factory set all the way to the counter-clockwise direction - 19°C. Turning the dial clockwise from there will increase the set temperature. so clockwise increases temp, counterclockwise to lower temp.

The left dial controls any night drop temp you want, It is factory set all the way counterclockwise at 0°. So no night drop if left there. Turning that dial clockwise increases the night drop differential. That dial goes from a 0° setting to a 25°F setting all the way clockwise.

Hope that helps.