Thinking of Adding a Second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffinthetort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky
I found a year old sulcatta on craigslist for $50. It looks like it already has some pyramiding started, even more than the one I got from a pet store. It's been fed pretty much only letture and tomatoes, lives in a 10 gallon tank, and is rarely outside.
If I did choose to adopt it, are there any major health concerns I should be aware of that it may have?
I do already have a 9 month sulcatta and I am aware that they would need to be housed seperately. This will not be an issue.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just be sure to keep them apart and do not use the same dishes etc for the two until a quarantine period of 6 months. Get him started on a good diet and probably needs some calcium and good sunshine and should be fine. Sulcatas are tuff and its not a hatchling. Good luck, sounds like the poor thing needs a better home.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Just be sure to keep them apart and do not use the same dishes etc for the two until a quarantine period of 6 months. Get him started on a good diet and probably needs some calcium and good sunshine and should be fine. Sulcatas are tuff and its not a hatchling. Good luck, sounds like the poor thing needs a better home.

Ditto :D

Muffinthetort

5 Year Member
Kentucky
Keeping them apart won't be an issue.
Our current tort stays at my boyfriend's house since we're around there more, but the new one will be staying at my house.
Eventually they'll be living at the same house, but they'll have seperate enclosures at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.