This is Nadine

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
This is Nadine. Hatch date was May 12, 2016. I got her from a reputable dealer in Milwaukee (her mother is a well known tortoise from Hoffer's Tropic Life, a well known but now defunct exotic pet store). She was discounted for extra scutes, they are farther back than you can see in this picture. She weighs around 43 grams. Her skin is very brown for a sulcata, especially for a hatchling.IMG_20160623_183423_899[1].jpg

surfergirl

welcome to you and Nadine! cute little sully that will be huge girl when she grows up. :)

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
So far, Nadine is enjoying a nice, varied diet. She will eat crabgrass, clover (two kinds), trefoil, plantain, dandelion and chicory all from the yard. I've also given her lettuce from a friend's garden, spring mix from the store and grassland tortoise pellets soaked and mashed into the greens. I sprinkle on a bit of calcium (with D3) twice a week or so. I am trying to grow wheat grass for her, but it is a bit thin. Hopefully I get better at it. I bought off the shelf wheat berries meant for cooking (organic), maybe they don't sprout well either.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
He is a cutie. I mean, not Nadine cute, but what tortoise is? No bias here :D

We just came in from outside after a 25 minute soak. She is taking a nap now.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
My usb cord pooped out last night for these pics, so I grabbed a red camera I have that has a usb plug built in. I was letting it charge when Nadine came over and started trying to aggressively eat it!