This is Nadine

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
She seems to be "middle of the pack" from what I can tell, although I haven't found a lot of weights on sulcatas under 80 grams. But I am pleased she seems to be doing well. It will be interesting to see how her shell does, growing this fast but in 80% humidity.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Today she ate one Mazuri pellet, half a grassland pellet and a pile of greens. She is eating as much as an adult three-toed boxie, and they only eat that every other day!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I hear the theme from Jaws playing in the background.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Her latest thing is bulldozing. She has no reverse. If it is in her way, it either moves or she is stuck. I am surprised how often the items are moved. As she grows I have moved stuff to keep her from narrow lanes.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I am actually going to pick up a ZooMed tortoise house. I am going to use it outside for her. I stay with her, but if I have it and I need to walk away for a minute, I can put her inside it and she'll be safe.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I got the Tortoise House. Barely used. But I have it out in the sun for a bit, then will disinfect it best I can. Looks clean, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Was a steal for $20.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Her latest thing is bulldozing. She has no reverse. If it is in her way, it either moves or she is stuck. I am surprised how often the items are moved. As she grows I have moved stuff to keep her from narrow lanes.
They like to cram into narrow lanes. Maybe they think of it as a challenge. Charlie used to wedge himself between a wall and a sprinkler, and eventually the sprinkler lost that battle.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
They like to cram into narrow lanes. Maybe they think of it as a challenge. Charlie used to wedge himself between a wall and a sprinkler, and eventually the sprinkler lost that battle.
I put some gape wood pieces in her area to break up the view. She likes to play 4x4 running over them, and pushes them out of the substrate.

Reactions: Rue

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Wow to both her parents. I like nadine's story. Keep it going

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
These are bigger than I normally hear of on average. I hear big females are in the 60-70lb range. Any breeders out here? What size are your females? Males?

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
She definitely has favorite foods now. Her favorites seem to be dandelion leaf, Mazuri, clover flowers and chicory flowers. She seems not to like clover leaves at all. She seems to really prefer weeds to Spring Mix. She likes crabgrass and chicory leaves, but seems to like plantain a bit less. When she wakes up in the morning, she leaves her hide and sits under the CHE. When I open the top and take her dish, she runs over at top speed and then does circles until I put her full dish back in. She is still smaller than her food dish, so she has to teeter in over the lip but beings biting at the food before she can reach it. She is a hoot.