Whatever this stuff is, it's good.
pumpkin1.jpg

pumpkin2.jpg

pumpkin3.jpg

Eve didn't care for the pumpkin, and wouldn't even try it

triopump3.jpg

triopump1.jpg

triopump2.jpg

New guys. Two cherry heads from Allegra, and a northern from socal. I'm sad Domino isn't up to par, as I know he would have loved the snack.

I do it for them, and they sure loved their pumpkin.
bloodfrompumpkincut.jpg

turtletania

5 Year Member
what happened to your finger? did they bite you in their excitement to get the pumpkin?

Shelli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Antigua West Indies
Ahhh wasn't expecting that either my little boy was sitting next too me,,he grabbed his finger.. :( LOL....

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
Sliced it while cutting the pumpkin into small pieces to blend up. Like I said, all for the tortoises.

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
Looks like a couple of stitches were in order!Ouch!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That's funny! About the finger I mean. I nearly cut my thumb in half the same way the other day. I'm reminded of the "stick out like a sore thumb" saying regularly now.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Wow what great looking Cherryheads. Mine will eat just about anything, but Fernando won't even eat the fruit from a cactus. I don't understand that one at all. I thought all tortoises loved fruit from cactus. :( What's wrong with Domino? :(

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
I was so excited to finally find pumpkins at the local market. Remembering that RV preferred the smaller pumpkins rather than the large carving pumpkin, I bought one. I sliced a wedge out (baked the seeds for the humans) and brought it to the yard and presented it to RV. I was not happy she turned her nose up to it. I went inside and cut the wedge into thinner long pieces and wrapped them in romaine leaves. presto and mucho gusto. Sometimes you have to outsmart the little smarties.

teri

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
Candy, he has a respiratory infection. I have to call the vet tomorrow to see if I can pick up another round of Baytril, or if she has something stronger, because the antibiotic didn't seem to help any. I'm very nervous and scared. I've had him since he was 6 weeks, and he's about 14 months old now. My red foots won't touch the cactus either, the Russians loved it when I offered it to them.

Tom, as soon as she said 'be careful,' I sliced it. My mom just shook her head. It's not was bad today, and I can actually use it a little. Still quite painful though.

Here's a video of Carl the Russian chowing down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVBiZQDYkWg.

He ate most of it, and then my yorkie decided he would finish the leftovers. He never bothers the Russians, but decided the pumpkin was too much for him to resist. *shakes head* He should be out of his curiosity phase, by at 10 years old, the yorkie has decided that curiosity didn't kill the cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.