Thor wheezing some, URI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SE Michigan
Hi all, haven't had much time to be on the forums much in a long time! So Thor is about 3.5 years old now. For the past month or so, he is either wheezing or breathing heavily. It's not constant, but enough.

I was thinking URI, but I see no discharge in his nose (it's actually quite clear in there) and no bubbles etc. Any guesses as to what this could be?

I was hoping he could beat it on his own. He still eats, poops etc great.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Is he housed indoors or outdoors? I would wonder if he is perhaps dry? What is his enclosure or yard like?

I would not immediately think RI..especially if he has no signs of a RI...:D

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
ascott said:
Is he housed indoors or outdoors? I would wonder if he is perhaps dry? What is his enclosure or yard like?

I would not immediately think RI..especially if he has no signs of a RI...:D

Right now he is on a 6x4 tortoise table with 45-65% humidity at all times. And goes outside daily for a couple of hours. I usually water the enclosure (planted with grasses, weeds etc) before putting them outside.

I'm in michigan and summers are usually pretty humid.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I still would say to just keep and eye (or ear) out for his behavior....if he is not displaying RI signs I would not immediately jump to that conclusion, you know?

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
ascott said:
I still would say to just keep and eye (or ear) out for his behavior....if he is not displaying RI signs I would not immediately jump to that conclusion, you know?

Thanks! Hopefully it's something he can beat on his own. I have noticed it isn't quite as much as it used to be. He may go into the vet anyways as his beak needs a little trim and I want to see the vet do it before I try it from then on.

Status
Not open for further replies.