Tiny is almost 4

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Some of you may remember when this little box turtle hatched in Sept 2011 weighing less than 4 grams. tinybox Sept 2011.jpg I kept him inside and awake the first winter, but has lived outside pretty much and on it's own since. I supply the food, water and make sure the living quarters have enough moisture, but very little interaction with humans.tiny 7 2015 2.jpg Unless I go looking for them (the youngsters) I very seldom see them.Seems to be growing at a normal rate for a wild turtle .

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
He's a cutie! I have a three toed/gulf coast integrade boxie that is turning 4 in August. So she hatched in August of 2011. She is huge though. She took after the gulf coast in size, plus she has been kept warm and awake every winter indoors.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Some of you may remember when this little box turtle hatched in Sept 2011 weighing less than 4 grams. View attachment 139762 I kept him inside and awake the first winter, but has lived outside pretty much and on it's own since. I supply the food, water and make sure the living quarters have enough moisture, but very little interaction with humans.View attachment 139763 Unless I go looking for them (the youngsters) I very seldom see them.Seems to be growing at a normal rate for a wild turtle .
I'm taking the same approach with mine ;). They just got moved outside this spring.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Some of you may remember when this little box turtle hatched in Sept 2011 weighing less than 4 grams. View attachment 139762 I kept him inside and awake the first winter, but has lived outside pretty much and on it's own since. I supply the food, water and make sure the living quarters have enough moisture, but very little interaction with humans.View attachment 139763 Unless I go looking for them (the youngsters) I very seldom see them.Seems to be growing at a normal rate for a wild turtle .

Well, I think you've done an amazing job!