Titans enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mich

5 Year Member
First attempt at a tort table (as my little Greek is tiny and easily fits in a tote). A larger table is already in the planning stage and will be built soon. I'd like to make a much larger one that is very low to the ground so a wide non-steep ramp could be raised/lowered to allow for some free romaing. My reptile room is aprox 10x10 and 100% tort (and iguana!) proof for free roaming. Figured she'd get more exercise that way and still be able to easily retreat to her hide or get back to her lights. I'm still sifting through this forum to steal ideas from other peoples enclosures as well :p

Attachments

• titan.jpg
    titan.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 89

rltwaddle

5 Year Member
What size is your table? I have a 2.5x3.5 for my Russian, who is smaller than your greek and still wants more room.

Mich

5 Year Member
My greek is really teeny tiny, way smaller then the palm of my hand so the large shallow tote she's in really is plenty big enough for her for now .. but the tort in the pic above is my new leopard tort (3yrs old) and the table is actually the same size as your Russians... and I agree it is already on the small side. Like I said she was a much bigger then the tort I originally planned on, the original one was 1.5yrs old and less then half the size!!! .. but no big deal, she roams for a few hours around my reptile room (about 10x10) each day and it gives me reason to build another outdoor enclosure AND a larger indoor one too hehehe As she is larger I'd like a tort table down near the floor with a ramp which will give her the ability free roam that one room and come and go as she pleases, solves the space issue! :)

rltwaddle

5 Year Member
Yeah I would like to add an addition onto his tort box and make it closer to the floor. Right now I have it screwed into a med size tv stand.

Mich

5 Year Member
LOL mine is sitting on a heavy wood tv stand also but I didn't attach anchor it down because the table itself is surprisingly REALLY heavy so I know my iguana could never tip it. I love the tv stand because it has casters and my floor is hard wood so I can easily move it around if needed. Down side to having a floor model tort table is I loose the shelving/storage underneath but think I will still make it high enough off the floor to allow for casters! They are honestly a god send and the best thing I've ever added to any of my custom reptile enclosures!!! That will also give me a little space underneath to hide all my electrical cables.

rltwaddle

5 Year Member
I have the shelving option also and it's in wheels. The stand itself doesn't take up te entire bottom surface area of the table but it's centered and pretty sturdy.

Status
Not open for further replies.