Too Cold????

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello Tom how are you doing today? I can't get all of those different lights right now, ( I know Fred needs them but what do I absolutely need right now? I got the basking light.
The critical ones that are immediately necessary for survival are #1 and 2. For number 3, any additional light source will do. Just a cheap lamp with an LED bulb from another room, or if the blinds are open during the day will help.

You don't need number four if you can get the tortoise outside in a safe enclosure a few times per week for some sunshine for an hour. Its okay of the tortoise hides in the shade because of the intense AZ heat. Access to sun will do it. Try to sun in the morning, before it gets too hot. Make sure your calcium supplement has D3 in it and that will help too.

LittleLove

Arizona
The critical ones that are immediately necessary for survival are #1 and 2. For number 3, any additional light source will do. Just a cheap lamp with an LED bulb from another room, or if the blinds are open during the day will help.

You don't need number four if you can get the tortoise outside in a safe enclosure a few times per week for some sunshine for an hour. Its okay of the tortoise hides in the shade because of the intense AZ heat. Access to sun will do it. Try to sun in the morning, before it gets too hot. Make sure your calcium supplement has D3 in it and that will help too.
Thanks Tom, I have the basking light. So I needs to order the ceramic heat lamp

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks Tom, I have the basking light. So I needs to order the ceramic heat lamp
Ceramic heat emitter. Its not a lamp. It produces no light. And you need a thermostat to run the CHE. Thermostats can be found on Amazon for $20-30.

LittleLove

Arizona
Hello Tom how are you doing today? I can't get all of those different lights right now, ( I know Fred needs them but what do I absolutely need right now? I got the basking light.
I am attaching a picture of the basking light I got. I hope it's okay for now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240824-141439.png
    Screenshot_20240824-141439.png
    440 KB · Views: 1