too sick

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
So it's been 105 here...we are NOT used to that heat... I am sick as a damn dog in bed and this is the first time in a few days that I am standing up. But I'm weak and cannot stay up...cannot care for Mary or 2 other torts. Of course, she is able to care for herself...but the heat on her is worrisome.I lost 2 box turtles Tuesday...one of the kids I paid to look for them was smart enuf to be in my yard at 5 am...and found one of them!!! The one I want found is still lost. One of my favorites...Jusst tell this...going to the couch as a change from bed...any tort keeper interested in picking ROSharon for their torts come and collect some, and look for my ornata

zovick

10 Year Member!
So it's been 105 here...we are NOT used to that heat... I am sick as a damn dog in bed and this is the first time in a few days that I am standing up. But I'm weak and cannot stay up...cannot care for Mary or 2 other torts. Of course, she is able to care for herself...but the heat on her is worrisome.I lost 2 box turtles Tuesday...one of the kids I paid to look for them was smart enuf to be in my yard at 5 am...and found one of them!!! The one I want found is still lost. One of my favorites...Jusst tell this...going to the couch as a change from bed...any tort keeper interested in picking ROSharon for their torts come and collect some, and look for my ornata
Sorry you are not feeling well. Good that one of your Box Turtles was found! Hopefully the other one will also be located soon.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Sorry you are not feeling well. Good that one of your Box Turtles was found! Hopefully the other one will also be located soon.
of the 2...the one not found yet is my favorite darn it! But...in the maybe 10 years I put in the pond...and these are the only 2 I've missed

zovick

10 Year Member!
of the 2...the one not found yet is my favorite darn it! But...in the maybe 10 years I put in the pond...and these are the only 2 I've missed
Well, maybe the second one will turn up today.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Feel better soon. The heat in a lot of places is really ridiculous, hope it cools off soon.
I'm sure the turtle will be found. She probably just dug down to escape the heat and is fine.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Maggie. Try to stay positive, keep cool and hydrated and take your Vitamin C.
We think it's hot here in Jamaica and it's only 92 degrees in Kingston, cooler up in the hills where I live.
I am down in Kingston at my office (yes, this crazy old bird still has to work!). And that's correct punctuation.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Maggie. Try to stay positive, keep cool and hydrated and take your Vitamin C.
We think it's hot here in Jamaica and it's only 92 degrees in Kingston, cooler up in the hills where I live.
I am down in Kingston at my office (yes, this crazy old bird still has to work!). And that's correct punctuation.
Tammy FGS. Nobody wants to hear about your boring life, especially when they are sick and trying to deal with the heat! Get a life, why don't you???

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I am thinking of you and wishing you a quick and full comeback!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Tammy FGS. Nobody wants to hear about your boring life, especially when they are sick and trying to deal with the heat! Get a life, why don't you???
Boring life??? Tammy! You work (at what?)), you post great...and keep torts as well? I love your comments...you are a smart*ss and intelligent...at comments here, and I assuME you are a tort of the highest quality...
DSCN1724.JPG

LeoTheWaywardTortoise

Platinum Tortoise Club
Maricopa, AZ
Maggie, I hope you feel better soon. Our temps are finally going to be dropping, the high today is forecast to be 104 then into the 90s for the next few days. My stubborn sully, Leo, has been ensconced in his rosemary plant (his favorite summer spot) since last Friday, and we cannot reach him because this 21 year old plant is just so thick and dense. I’ve been increasingly concerned because he usually comes out in the late afternoon/early evening to patrol and eat grass, but he hasn’t done that for almost a full week. I was able to locate his head yesterday using a flashlight, and I wove pieces of a cactus pad through enough of the branches that he was able to grab them and eat them, so at least I know he’s alive. We’re going on a short staycation on Sunday, so tomorrow we are going to try to get him out without destroying the plant - but if it turns out that severely pruning back the plant is the only way to accomplish this, so be it.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I'm so sorry you are feeling ill - here's a message from Zola (a photo taken when he was much younger)
Best wishes from Angie too.
View attachment 360495
lol! Thank you, I am feeling on the mend this morning, but weak. I went and sat by the box turtle pond this early am looking for Scooter. I just feel he is dug in somewhere...