Tortoise beak

Adzyfinch1998

Hi all, please can you take a look at my tortoises beak and advise if you know why it seems to have gone wonky? He’s 7 years old and I’ve had him for 5 years and his beak has always been normal and straight? This has only happened this year. Thank you so much in advance!

51E77D5C-D339-433C-935C-ACD055063298.jpegA1B150FD-1FB0-467E-ADC7-90517D843E16.jpeg

catullus

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hi all, please can you take a look at my tortoises beak and advise if you know why it seems to have gone wonky? He’s 7 years old and I’ve had him for 5 years and his beak has always been normal and straight? This has only happened this year. Thank you so much in advance!

This looks like his beak was not honed much over the years (not harmful, just giving him a kind of “overbite” look) then was broken/chipped by biting down on something hard.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
If you have a small dremel tool you can file that, do it yourself, just have someone hold his head out. You can use a fingernail file, or toenail clippers work as well. You would just need to be careful

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He bit down on something hard and it chipped off. Not to worry. It will grow out ok.