tortoise biting and getting on ones back

hingeback

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Malaysia
pond .... is there any other enclosures ... my balcony is not that big to have a pond
Just like a watering hole, for them to go in and soak. Since it's the balcony do you have at least 4'x8' enclosure for each of them? If there is not enough space, probably 4'x4' for each.

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
The red eared slider is least concern in the conservation status, while the chinese striped-necked turtle is endangered.

happy&joy

Just like a watering hole, for them to go in and soak. Since it's the balcony do you have at least 4'x8' enclosure for each of them? If there is not enough space, probably 4'x4' for each.
66L 46W 39H thats the measurement for my biggest conainer which contains the male one. is it big enough ?

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
66L 46W 39H thats the measurement for my biggest conainer which contains the male one. is it big enough ?
Well it is not big enough but if that is the only space you can work with, there is not much choice.

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
why is it being sold if its endangered ?.... oh my god
Most probably they just catch them from the wild and sell, how much did they sell it to you? I am not very sure about turtles but red eared sliders are very cheap in Malaysia.

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Austria
Do you mean cm? No, that's way too small in my opinion, you should get something 4 times that size.

happy&joy

Most probably they just catch them from the wild and sell, how much did they sell it to you? I am not very sure about turtles but red eared sliders are very cheap in Malaysia.
wait but theres some difference between the scales of the strip turtle and mine .... look
the chinese strip turtle is strip , but mine is dots ?...

IMAG2425[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
wait but theres some difference between the scales of the strip turtle and mine .... look
the chinese strip turtle is strip , but mine is dots ?...
The stripes are below the eyes to the neck, the yellow stripes.

happy&joy

both was quite cheap bought at the same place . couldnt remember the price though