tortoise overheated

MarcJacob

Location (City and/or State)
Tallinn
Now I think the cause of my russian tortoise not moving and having his eyes sunken in is because I used a wrong light. Its a red 100w light and can go up to 55 celsius. Maybe she overheated because I kept the lamp on at night. If thats the case then what should I do? Go to the vet maybe or give her a cool bath?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Now I think the cause of my russian tortoise not moving and having his eyes sunken in is because I used a wrong light. Its a red 100w light and can go up to 55 celsius. Maybe she overheated because I kept the lamp on at night. If thats the case then what should I do? Go to the vet maybe or give her a cool bath?
That is definitely far too high a temperature and has unfortunately likely cooked the tortoise😔I would try to get to a vet to simply check for a heartbeat at this point.

If they are still alive, too cool a bath would shock the system, I’d put them in lukewarm water that is slightly cooler than it is warm in this case but don’t let it get cold cold

MarcJacob

Tallinn
That is definitely far too high a temperature and has unfortunately likely cooked the tortoise😔I would try to get to a vet to simply check for a heartbeat at this point.

If they are still alive, too cool a bath would shock the system, I’d put them in lukewarm water that is slightly cooler than it is warm in this case but don’t let it get cold cold
Ill try a lukewarm bath thanks