tortoise room

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashned7

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lake district, England
so Horace liked his towel and light setup so much we gave him his own room- under the stairs.
he can go outside whenever he wants if the weather is ok as the door is pretty much opposite and we can shut him in whenever we need to...
no drafts because its like an alcove cupboard thingy and right temps :)
its only 4 ft by 2 ft though but he loves it!
so do we, much easier than a tort wanting to be out of the table 24 7 even though the table was the same size!
DSCF2283.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

ashned7

5 Year Member
Lake district, England
thanks :) it was just that we gave him so much space and freedom over the summer when it came to being back in the tortoise table he wanted to be out of it all the time, and we didnt have the room to expand....wish we could give him an actual room that would be so cool but really its just his area and he wanders around it and outside as he has a little greenhouse thing for this kind of weather. Me and my gf talked it over and figured that the huge sulcatas that come inside for winter get their basements/garages so why not give Horace his space in that sort of set up for the winter??? he has some climby rocks and his water dish now too :) if only there was a way to cover it in soil without my gf going mental.....

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Isn't it weird when you can actually tell that your tortoise is happy? I have had my Russian in a outdoor pen recently and my dad asked if she was liking it and I said: "you know it's weird, you can actually tell that she happy. Like she actually seems happier!" strange....

leonardo the tmnt

5 Year Member
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Isn't it weird when you can actually tell that your tortoise is happy? I have had my Russian in a outdoor pen recently and my dad asked if she was liking it and I said: "you know it's weird, you can actually tell that she happy. Like she actually seems happier!" strange....

I know you can sometimes tell if they are happy or sad very strange

Status
Not open for further replies.