tortoise soup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weda737

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
So, I got my little guy a way bigger water dish. When I got home from work I noticed he had gone to bed and was kind of chilly, wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. First of all, for the past week he wakes me up about 9 in the morning digging in his water dish, the one he teeters on the side of with his butt in the air. The water kept evaporating overnight. So I got a bigger dish, I'll post pics soon. Anyway, I got home, woke him up, did a wee bit of redecorating to accommodate the new larger dish, while he was in a nice warm soak. This was about 10:30 when I got home from work. ( don't freak out, he's gotten used to my schedule and is up late and sleeps late.) Once I finished some spot cleaning and got the new dish set up, I got him out of his soak and set him in the dish to check it out, well... he re-situated himself in the dish and went to sleep, occasionally flicking water over his back. It's about 93 degrees. Do I put him to bed or do I let him sleep in the dish? Should I slice some carrots and onions in there? Salt and pepper? Maybe some creole seasoning?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
This may just be me, but I wouldn't let a baby sleep in the water dish

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Yeah I'm going to put him to bed in a few minutes, I gotta go crash myself. Lovely day of work in the morning... I'm thinking I should quit this crappy job but that's another matter.

Ah, Nevermind, lol he went to bed on his own. He's still a baby, but I'm quite sure he's past that fragile stage. He's done some serious growing the past few months.

Honey

5 Year Member
Springfield, MO
"Should I slice some carrots and onions in there? Salt and pepper? Maybe some creole seasoning?" <--- lol!!!

That made me giggle. Glad your little one likes the new water dish!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
:(Turtle soup, those are fighting words on here isn't it:p glad he liked the dish and showed you so quickly how much he appreciated it:D

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
I'm used to him flicking dirt on his back, but water? It was odd, but adorable.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Sometimes it's just nice to relax in a bath! You know he has a very stressful life! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.