Tortoise Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Hey everyone!
I had a question, does anyone here know where to get a large tortoise table in los angeles california? or recommend someone in LA that knows how to make one? thanks!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
You can make one with a book shelf. You can buy one at a thrift store or maybe you have an old one laying around. The bigger the better. Look around in the enclosures thread, there are many ideas there. You just need to water proof the wood with a shower liner or something else.

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
Momof4 said:
You can make one with a book shelf. You can buy one at a thrift store or maybe you have an old one laying around. The bigger the better. Look around in the enclosures thread, there are many ideas there. You just need to water proof the wood with a shower liner or something else.

thanks! i was thinking of doing that, by buying one from ikea but the sides are a little short so i'll probably put something like wire around the sides. :)

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
S. CA
I pick up used children's train tables and use those as the base because they have great legs and often come with a drawer or shelf under them for storage of supplies. We add 12 inch wooden sides and line the inside with the clear carpet vinyl carpet runners. I staple gun them up a few inches on the sides to make sure no moisture gets to the wood. Easy to attach lights and such. I also add a strip of about 12 inches across one end of the table to make a large hide / shade area. That is just what works for us here and we have four of them now in what was our familyroom (lol). Hope that helps some.

Status
Not open for further replies.