Tortoise vomit??

Taylor Sweet

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana, USA
Okay so today I came home from class to find my RT's food bowl completely empty.. except for what looked like a red-ish paste? I'm really scared that he threw up. But at the same time, I had put some multicolored tortoise pellets mixed in with his food, and maybe it just got mixed up with the water i spray in the mornings? Idk but where he was sleeping, he has something stuck to his foot. At first I thought he'd broken one of his nails or something, but when I cleaned him off, it looked kind of like a mashed up raspberry... I'm really concerned because i can't see any injuries on him, and he's acting normally. But I'm worried that there could be a serious underlying issue.. please let me know what you think i should do ASAP!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think you need to just watch him for anything different the next week or so. Other then that, nothing sounds out of sorts to me.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Okay so today I came home from class to find my RT's food bowl completely empty.. except for what looked like a red-ish paste? I'm really scared that he threw up. But at the same time, I had put some multicolored tortoise pellets mixed in with his food, and maybe it just got mixed up with the water i spray in the mornings? Idk but where he was sleeping, he has something stuck to his foot. At first I thought he'd broken one of his nails or something, but when I cleaned him off, it looked kind of like a mashed up raspberry... I'm really concerned because i can't see any injuries on him, and he's acting normally. But I'm worried that there could be a serious underlying issue.. please let me know what you think i should do ASAP!

Sounds like the tort likely made an exchange for you right in the bowl..you left him yummy food and he left you, well, a gift of poo in trade..lol..