Scollins17

Location (City and/or State)
Gilbert AZ
Hi everyone. I have a yearling Marginated tortoise that I got August 2020 when it was a hatchling.
I did a lot of research before acquiring him and believe I've built a very good temporary indoor encloser for him(until it's big enough to live outside). Seems very healthy and active.

For the last 6 months I bring him outside for fresh air about every month. My GF watches him or I put him in a large wood box I made w/a chicken wire top so he can be in the grass, but still be safe. I would like to do that more often.

*I guess my main concern is that I dont want to stress him out from all the moving. He doesn't seem unhealthy or stressed when I do this. Actually appears to enjoy snacking on weeds/clover and eventually takes a nap. So what do you all think? Should I take him out more often for fresh air and exercise? Or do you think he will become stressed out? All opinions are appreciated.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You can take him out more often. A half hour a day would be fine. If you do this, you don't have to use a uvb inside. As he gets older you can increase the time outside.
Be sure he has shade and water while out.