Tortsoise Forum goes Corporate

Status
Not open for further replies.

onarock

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hawaii
Do you think that if the Forum continues to gain popularity that we will have to start navigating through the endless Zoo med and LLL reptile Ads to find the latest interesting post? I see theres an AT&T ad top right as I type?
-rock-

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm really not the one to speak to this issue, because I have no knowledge of the why's and wherefore's, but...

It costs Josh money to have our forum up on a server. Plus, we used to share servers with others, but because we got so big we started having problems, and now we are on our own server, which costs more. The ads pay for the server space.

I have gotten pretty good at skipping over and ignoring them.

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
ads? All I see are classifieds. Ha Ha! I don't mind ads as long as the topics and info I need are readily available. So far so good!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I'd love to hear more feedback on this.

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
I don't find the ads to be a bother. I would much rather have to see a few ads then have to pay money for the forum. Keep up the good work Josh!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
The ads I see are 3 one line ads at top, and a nice ad for Tortoise Supply at the bottom of the last post, Never seen a pop up. No problem with the ads.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
I really appreciate no fee for service on this forum. I skip thru the fluff of ads (OK, I do go and look at the pretty 'redfoot for sale' pictures) and don't mind the ads at all. Thank you for a very nice forum. And I find well thought out commentary - thank you all.

teri

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I don't (personally) think they are a bother no one forces you to click them and I only see one when I log in and then like one per page, quite reasonable in my opinion. Plus the site is free.

Kevin Kelly

5 Year Member
Texas
I don't mind them at all, especially when they pertain to torts/turtles and all things common.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The ads don't bother me one bit. In fact, I actually use them sometimes. The way they are done is totally unobtrusive.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
I'm glad Josh can offset the costs with advertising...heck, I don't even care if he gets rich off of them.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
I agree, I have no problem with the ads. Now if they were like some websites, where if you hover over them, they blow up to cover my entire screen, that can get annoying.

But these are not in the way one bit.

M

Maggie Cummings

They don't get in my way at all. If it saves us from having to pay for the site I don't mind. I wouldn't be able to pay for it so the ads are fine with me.

moswen

5 Year Member
i just ignore them. josh you can do whatever you want (but PLEASE don't get those stupid pop up ads that follow your screen as you scroll down) just keep the forum FREE!!! let's hear three cheers for a free information portal, that would save your life (well, i guess technically your tort's life, but my tort's lives is very closely tied to mine) a million times over!

Seiryu said:
Now if they were like some websites, where if you hover over them, they blow up to cover my entire screen, that can get annoying.

ya please don't get those types of ads either lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.