Tortsoise Forum goes Corporate

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadk

10 Year Member!
What kills me are the Patty Murry political ads. Makes me sick seeing her mug all over this site - so post much less than usual lately... maybe that is a good thing :)

(keep in mind that we don't all see the same ads - google data mines and gives you targeted ads... apparently they feel they need to convert me to the 'dark side' ...)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
The ads I see are always about torts and cages and things... Shows what I look up on google the most :rolleyes:

The ads don't bother me one bit.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
No worries here, its all part of the internet. Small price to pay for a forum full of great info!

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
I agree, a very small price to pay for such a wealth of information provided on this forum. As long as the ads don't pop up windows every 2 minutes, I am fine just scrolling right past them. Keep up the AWESOME work Josh, your efforts are appreciated by many!!

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
I don't really ever see any ads. Must be the ad-blockers I installed because right now I'm looking for them and there are 0 ads on the front page, this page, and on the search page. How often should I be seeing them?

I used to see ads for tortoise supply and LLLreptile and stuff though. I wonder where they all went?

Update, yep it's got to be the adblocker. I don't see any ads at all, even the space for them on the front page is blank.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
I see alot of people saying that they ignore the ads. If we at tortoiseforum.org dont vistit the ads will they stop buying ad space, and if so, will we eventually have to pay for this site. I guess this question is for the admin. dept., but shouldnt we vistit the ad sites? If the answer to my questions is yes, then arent we in a catch 22, the membership grows as well as the ads? And am I insane for even thinking about this? Its been raining here for far too long and I work construction I need to go back to work!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I agree with the rollover ads, please keep them away, those I can't stand.

HarleyK

5 Year Member
I don't see any ads on this website because I use Mozilla and the adblock plus add-on. When I use IE the banner ads are pretty nice and colorful. Keeps this forum going financially.. why not?

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I do ask that if you use an ad-blocker, consider white listing tortoiseForum.org
Our ads are unobtrusive and they keep the site running.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
I don't mind them at all. I don't even notice them. I applaud you for finding a means to make extra money to keep things running. I make most of my monthly income from ads like those posted here, so by all means go for it!

As mentioned, please don't use the pop-up ads, contextual ads (like Kontera), or musical ads. Those are a pain and a definitely problems. Those ads definitely downgrade any website.

Status
Not open for further replies.