Torty eating rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangito

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
So almost every day I let my hatchlings, Torty and Koopa, run around my yard under very careful supervision. So close i noticed Torty keeps trying to eat the super tiny little rocks in the yard! I usually put them down in a patch of weeds, which Koopa likes to eat, but Torty ignores in favor of rocks..

At the moment I can't afford an outdoor enclosure. Have to pay a ticket :-( any other suggestions?

mikeh

5 Year Member
I found my 4" tort struggling with a rock stuck deep inside his mouth so big he couldn't push it back out. Luckily I was in time, had to forced his head out, pinch him behind his head with two fingers and pull the rock out with tweezers. Scared the hell out of me.

Mangito

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
mikeh said:
I found my 4" tort struggling with a rock stuck deep inside his mouth so big he couldn't push it back out. Luckily I was in time, had to forced his head out, pinch him behind his head with two fingers and pull the rock out with tweezers. Scared the hell out of me.

That is scary! Glad you got it out! I think mine are too small to pinch the back of the head so I hope that doesn't happen

Status
Not open for further replies.