Tree Trunk Humid Hide

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
I have thought about getting one of these "Kaytee Large Tree Trunk Hideout" things before. Seems like it would make a nice humid hide for a smaller tortoise. Unfortunately you can only order random colors online.

I was finally able to actually track down a brown one today so I decided to go for it.
I'm always trying to find new opaque plastic containers to experiment with as humid hide designs. Some of them have been downright ugly, and add that realistic look of human pollution to my tortoise table!
treetrunkcolorspng.png

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The door hole looks a little tall, but your hygrometer will confirm whether or not it works.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
I may have to wait to post if it's any good. I'm designing a new tortoise table since I'm in the process of moving right now. So I'll probably save it for her new table. It can be her housewarming present. Hopefully she doesnt hate it!

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
I wanted to add that because of the recycled plastic composite that these are made from, the subtle color variations can be very cool looking, or hideously ugly! (Lipstick pinks, or vomit greens anyone?) I feel like you have to pick one out in person , but definitely not order a random color!
Mine is really pretty, i thought, with lots of different natural colors swirled together to give it a nice wood grain look. My favorite thing are some sparce clear swirls in the mix on this particular one. Very glad that i didn't settle for a lime green one!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad it was what you're wanted. Be sure to post pics of the new enclosure with the stump in it.