Troublesome ads

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
The next time that happens, take a screen shot and send it to Josh. The only way he can fix these sort of problems is if he can see what you're talking about.
I did already.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thanks Yvonne and thanks everyone for their support, understanding, and love of tortoises!
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to share our experiences.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I don't have any ads anymore but I haven't been able to create a post in over a week. The box where you enter the title is covered up when the page loads.
I have the same problem. I go to options and the title window is there

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
You are correct. I went to the page to sign on as a platnium supporter and it indicates this will be ad free and will happen soon.
I can confirm I don't have ads anymore.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Some of the pop-ups block access to the inbox and alerts tabs, so you are basically phucked trying to click on the second alert.

This is analogous to a bar and tity joint moving in next the church and daycare center, the neighborhood is gone.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Some of the pop-ups block access to the inbox and alerts tabs, so you are basically phucked trying to click on the second alert.

This is analogous to a bar and tity joint moving in next the church and daycare center, the neighborhood is gone.

I know it’s frustrating, but tfo is the only church, I hope the adds problem gets taken seriously by the administrators.

Hippytort

10 Year Member!
Southern CA
So I have to pay to not be bogged down with adds? These adds are driving me crazy! not much fun anymore. More of a hassel than any other forum I frequent.

Jenncreates

Watauga, Texas
It's the screen jumping around thing that drives me crazy. The new ads take so long to load. I've started scrolling and just when I click where I want to be the screen jumps and I click on the wrong thing.
Same here. I usually use the mobile site and the ads are either in between each reply or every other reply when I read a thread.

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't remember paying anything. But if I was getting those ads I would pay for a premium version to get rid of them.
I hope I am not jinxing myself, but I make a small monthly donation to Tortoise Forum because I am so appreciative of everything I learn hear, and I don't ever see adds at all, not one.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I hope I am not jinxing myself, but I make a small monthly donation to Tortoise Forum because I am so appreciative of everything I learn hear, and I don't ever see adds at all, not one.
Yes, I see that you have the Platinum banner.

If you take notice, this thread is from last March. When the ability to use Tapatalk was taken from us, I too joined the Platinum club...so no ads.

I learn lots on here too.

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yes, I see that you have the Platinum banner.

If you take notice, this thread is from last March. When the ability to use Tapatalk was taken from us, I too joined the Platinum club...so no ads.

I learn lots on here too.
Yes in fact I responded back in April about not enjoying the adds and it was then that I started donating each month. I feel it is very worth it for the information shared here. Merry Christmas!!

Gazzagutbucket

Runcorn
Maybe if each user was prepared to make a minimal donation you could cover the running of the site that way, say maybe £ / $ per year. I would be willing to do that to keep the site ad free, or at least only Tortoise / pet related ads.