Turtle (reptile) vet in Egypt?

Martyna Hanna

Hello, does anyone know a vet that can surgically treat a tortoise in Egypt ?
I do the usual visits at my regular vet which admits that he only studied reptiles briefly at veterinary school so he can give my tort meds for minor stuff but he doesn't feel comfortable lancing an abscess on his ears :( so anyone please?
Hello, i have just read ur post, could u tell what vet u visit? My turtle is sick, her eye doesnt wanna open and she swims weird, i read it might be a lung infection, i desperately need a vet in cairo who at least knows a bit aboit turtles, please if u have any numbers,i would be very thankful

mark1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ohio
any vet should be able to treat what it sounds like she's got .......just have them give you some injectable antibiotics ,and some insulin syringes ..... any vet should be able to dose her , the dosages and safe antibiotic info are available online to anyone , just double check where you get your info , baytril or fortaz usually works really well for respiratory infections when dosed properly , baytril is every two days , and fortaz every three ............. just inject them under the loose skin at the inside of the elbow , or in the loose skin around the shoulder , grab a foot and pull it out , or pin the front leg back so she can't get it retracted ..........

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello, i have just read ur post, could u tell what vet u visit? My turtle is sick, her eye doesnt wanna open and she swims weird, i read it might be a lung infection, i desperately need a vet in cairo who at least knows a bit aboit turtles, please if u have any numbers,i would be very thankful
Hello
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1461428354.357033.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

Soak her in babyfood carrots, like Gerber. It gives her Vit A and helps. Soak daily for about 1/2 hour warm water, baby carrots. That will help too. Keep her warmer in her water than usual, and make sure the water is clean