Two new additions

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Sierra Vista, AZ
Thank you both! I will try to get better photos tonight. Mojave has glands on its chin (I am pretty sure that's what they are) while Sahara does not.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
YAY!!! They're gorgeous! And I love their names!

May, Aussies, & Hermannis
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Thanks! Do all borrowing type tortoises have ridiculously long arms? I have a boxie and red foot, so never really seen a burrowing tortoise.. But these guys wingspan is as wide as they are long.. Lol

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Ridiculously cute!!! I want one! :D

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

leutseym

5 Year Member
Mesa, Arizona
They are beautiful! Congratulations! Don't think anyone would want to move to Arizona with this crazy heat! It's not just a "warmer" state, it's down right HOT! Usually from April - November at 100 + degrees, no wonder our tortoises here burrow!!! I think they are smarter than us humans that live here...if we could just burrow too...hmmm...

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
They are beautiful! Congratulations! Don't think anyone would want to move to Arizona with this crazy heat! It's not just a "warmer" state, it's down right HOT! Usually from April - November at 100 + degrees, no wonder our tortoises here burrow!!! I think they are smarter than us humans that live here...if we could just burrow too...hmmm...

Not where I live... We are about 20-30 degrees cooler than Phoenix. It's been in the low 80s during the day and low 60s during the night, the past couple of days... LOL.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Do all borrowing type tortoises have ridiculously long arms? I have a boxie and red foot, so never really seen a burrowing tortoise.. But these guys wingspan is as wide as they are long.. Lol

All these years, and you know I never noticed that. I never really compared.

DTs are great torts. You will love them. So much personality.