Unbelievable Jeff

Unbelievable Jeff

Location (City and/or State)
South East England.
Hi all - first post alert! I'm relatively new to tortoise care and loving every minute of it. I have one horsefield tortoise and he's called Jeff. A random name that typically makes people chuckle, which is what I like. He's called Jeff because those of you who like in the UK and like football, would know Jeff Stelling (Gillette Soccer Saturday) and how Chris Kamara says 'unbelievable Jeff' - I wanted my tortoise to be unbelievable, so called him Jeff! Anyway, enough about that, I'd like to introduce everyone to my little Jeff!
image.jpg

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Welcome!
You should probably change out his substrate. I'll post a link to an excellent Russian tort care sheet.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Only if you can be 100% sure it has absolutely no traces of fertilizer, or pesticides, or insecticides. I'm not sure about availability in the UK, but I use EcoEarth. Coconut Coir works very well, when dampened. I believe the care sheet has other good suggestions.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ, USA . Great Picts

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Unbelievable Jeff

South East England.
I made this for Jeff - this took me a week to make and is painted in the colours of my local football team, whom I am very passionate about. The top compartment is portable and comes off so I am able to wipe clean it etc. It's about 4ft and is actually something I'm proud of. I'm eighteen and haven't got much experience with woodwork and carpentry. What do you guys think?!image.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello,and Welcome:) I,love your pics. The ones with the car, way too cute, he actually looks like he knows what he's doing:D Your enclosure is very nice, good job. I,would however raise the sides by the ramp top. They can climb straight up. The substrate should be coconut coir or plain dirt. Dirt is probably best for Russians, they like to burrow.