Update on cherryhead with RI

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Farm
:) Hi. This is an update to just let people know what WORKED for my sick cherryhead. Heat, humidity and Soaking soaking and soaking... I added vitamins into the warm bath and soaked him atleast 3 times a day. I also purchased a humidifier to add to the room he is in. I am very happy that he is getting back to his normal self. NO more gasping for air and gurgling breathing sounds. Hes all clear!!! Now I can breath lol.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Oh, that is good to hear. A lesson for the rest of us, even other kinds of torts when the get RI's.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Excellent job, well done…persistence pays off!
:)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I bet if you continue to offer him his favs that when his appetite comes back he will chow down....getting the mind and body back in health will lead to the desire for food...so just keep offering goodies :D

The word persistence is absolutely key, IMHO that is...sometimes they lose their will and have to rely on yours....awesome!!!!!:D

EKLC

5 Year Member
My tort is in the same situation as yours, he is coming off of an RI and very finnicky. I'm making sure to give him his favorite food (cactus), in his favorite configuration (chopped into sticks), and in his favorite place (outside).

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
Ok great! I am so happy...he ate today. Mango and a couple bites of collard greens!!! Good luck to you EKLC.

oscar

10 Year Member!
Illinois
really glad to hear your cherryhead has come around. When one of mine had a RI last winter, I finally got it to eat mazuri tortoise diet, strawberries and raspberry's, hope you keep us posted on what you offer for food that it eats first.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
So today I soaked him (his name is JAX) 3 times like i have been doing for atleast 2 weeks. Getting better everyday! I gave him a nice piece of banana and he scarfed it down!!:) YAY! Then he decided to try some more of the collard greens. He still seems weak as he's eating but thats to be expected. Im so happy my boy is on his way to a full recovery!!

Status
Not open for further replies.