Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Thank you so much!

Yes, i contacted them yesterday and unfortunately they don’t pick them up anymore or take them in . They offered to help build a burrow if we decide to adopt her if there’s no owner that shows up . I posted it in our neighborhood group and put up flyers .
In the meantime, she loved exploring our yard today :)

View attachment 253800 View attachment 253801
His shell design reminds me of a few electrical outlets side by side by side.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Also, what was wrong with tinytortoisetim's statement was the respiratory infection part. Tortoises don't necessarily get respiratory infections by being picked up.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thank you so much!

Yes, i contacted them yesterday and unfortunately they don’t pick them up anymore or take them in . They offered to help build a burrow if we decide to adopt her if there’s no owner that shows up . I posted it in our neighborhood group and put up flyers .
In the meantime, she loved exploring our yard today :)

View attachment 253800 View attachment 253801
What a cute little guy (the child).

Marym77

Las vegas
We seem to have to have our answer!!
Desert tortoise group confirmed she’s a DT !
And since she was found in our busy street they don’t consider her wild and if no one claims her as theirs she will be up for adoption .
Thank you all for your help . You all rock :)

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
We seem to have to have our answer!!
Desert tortoise group confirmed she’s a DT !
And since she was found in our busy street they don’t consider her wild and if no one claims her as theirs she will be up for adoption .
Thank you all for your help . You all rock :)
That's kinda weird, I think...what Desert Tortoise Group? If they are a Desert Tortoise Group they will be looking hard for Desert Tortoises and maybe not see much else. Plus, if it was found on a busy street it's not "wild"??? Gimme a break!!! Just my opinion.
All the best and I hope you adopt her!

Gail CW

Homosassa fl
In general taking animals who are not harmed from the wild is a bad idea just don't do it. If you see a tortoise crossing the road or turtle or any animal be sure it crosses in the correct direction (Direction it is headed it knows where it wants to go) safely and go about your own way. baby tortoises do not hang out with Mom or Dad they are on their own from the time they get out of the shell so just because they're little does not mean they need help the best way to help them is to leave them alone. if you do happen to take one make sure you release it in the exact area you found it, they will try to get back to the area they came from often with deadly consequences. Even if this animal should not be out there you will not be held responsible for putting it there.. and in this case it looks like this might be a hybrid (?) Likely born in the wild. If it is a injured animal taking it to bring it for medical assistance is acceptable but that's the only reason otherwise leave them out where they belong. ❤️

DesertGirl

5 Year Member
Fabulous Las Vegas, NV
That's kinda weird, I think...what Desert Tortoise Group? If they are a Desert Tortoise Group they will be looking hard for Desert Tortoises and maybe not see much else. Plus, if it was found on a busy street it's not "wild"??? Gimme a break!!! Just my opinion.
All the best and I hope you adopt her!
The Tortoise Group is a very well known and respected group of tort lovers and educators in Las Vegas. They meet monthly and have numerous free clinics around town for tort wellness, education, etc. https://tortoisegroup.org/

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
The Tortoise Group is a very well known and respected group of tort lovers and educators in Las Vegas. They meet monthly and have numerous free clinics around town for tort wellness, education, etc. https://tortoisegroup.org/
OK then...thought Marym said "Desert tortoise group...". Not The Tortoise Group. Must need new glasses.

Via Infinito

Viet Nam
It is a desert tortoise
I happen to find a picture of one with the same markings (the electrical socket pattern), must be a morph
stock-photo-of-a-baby-mojave-desert-tortoise-gopherus-agassizii-walking-BKTTMM.jpg