UVB Dilemma

Tortloverr

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia, USA
Franklin has been acting very sluggish for a couple days and at first I didn't think anything of it. But it continued so I started to check things out, when I checked his bulb with the UVB card it didn't change colors like normal. I haven't had Franklin two months yet and the bulb was bought a few weeks after I got him so it hasn't been on for that long. Is this normal for it to stop producing UVB after such a short time? If so, I'm thinking I should go with setting up a tube UVB light instead but I need advice or ideas on how I could do this best with the enclosure I have. The light isn't on in the picture because it is Frankie's "night time" but i can take more if needed

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470009837.813793.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470009720.258998.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470009728.989972.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470009736.708131.jpg

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
ZooMed PowerSun bulbs have a one year guarantee. All you need to do is box it up and make a copy of your receipt and ship the bulb and receipt to ZooMed. They will replace it with a brand new one. They are great about standing behind their products.

Tortloverr

Virginia, USA
ZooMed PowerSun bulbs have a one year guarantee. All you need to do is box it up and make a copy of your receipt and ship the bulb and receipt to ZooMed. They will replace it with a brand new one. They are great about standing behind their products.
I would do that, but I just moved a few weeks ago and have no idea what happened to the receipt in the process. I've been told that petsmart can look up the receipt and will replace the bulb within six months so I'm going to see if I can do that

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
That is a cute enclosure. I have had good luck with MVB lights. It certainly should have lasted longer.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Love the enclosure.
I use an MVB and they should last much longer than that.
i'm afraid you got the dodgy one..