Cicitina

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
I’ve been researching a lot on which UVB light to use for my Marginated but it’s always so mixed.
He’s in a 40 gal terrarium right now
Would this light be okay? And if not, any better suggestions? Also, what wattage??
I was looking at Arcadia as well but not sure which watt bulb to use

SunBlaster 0900302 24" T5HO Light Kit with Nanotech Reflector 6400K 24 Watt Medium https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0748CH4B9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_r7iMFbMB2DKSJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This fixture would be ok but the bulb included would not be. Its a plant grow light. The uvb is minimal. I would get the Arcadia 12% desert bulb.

How old is your tort? Can you post pictures of him and your setup?

Cicitina

Ontario, Canada
This fixture would be ok but the bulb included would not be. Its a plant grow light. The uvb is minimal. I would get the Arcadia 12% desert bulb.

How old is your tort? Can you post pictures of him and your setup?

I don’t know how old he is, he’s just a baby though only 60g. I don’t have current pictures of the set up but it’s an open front terrarium and his basking side is elevated. I built a railed ramp and balcony over his hide because he kept trying to climb everything. Now that he has the balcony to climb up to he seems content once he gets up there every morning and spends all his time up there.