very excited for tomorrow, getting two deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
One of them will be this...
41n9XDPuJEL_SX450__zps329d1055.jpg

A warm/cool mist humidifier...can you guess what the other thing might be? I'll be setting it up similarly to this...
51pk9ieNjL_zpsc8d2dc93.jpg

I'm getting one of these!
leos3017_zps88d80b12.jpg

From Arizona Tortoise Compound :) Will have pic update as soon as I open the box tomorrow!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Oh, WOW!!! They're all gorgeous!!! Yes, you MUST post pictures! Did you get to pick your specific tort? Do you have a name picked out?

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
didn't get to pick one out, and no name picked yet. Guess it will have to be a gender neutral one though lol

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
pdrobber said:
didn't get to pick one out

:( That sucks. Personally I think any seller should allow the buyer to pick his or her choice of the animals available. But congrats any how.

mercurysmom

5 Year Member
I love that humidifier and I'm definitely in the market for one. Can u tell me where u got it? How much was it??

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ya, how exciting. Such a great species too:) Just incase you haven't yet, but I'm sure you have buy the first pic. Toms great threads are at the bottom of my post. One is about raising leopards. The sulcata ones will work too. Good luck and yes, please post pics.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Hm deciding if I want to use plain coconut coir alone, cypress mixed in, and how much moss to use - just in the hide, on top of all the substrate or mixed in? And how wet I want to keep whatever substrate I use- just pour some in in one place making top layer dry with bottom wet to create humidity, mix it so top and underneath are moist, or keep it all dry and rely on spraying and humidifier...decisions decisions...

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
Jacqui said:
pdrobber said:
didn't get to pick one out

:( That sucks. Personally I think any seller should allow the buyer to pick his or her choice of the animals available. But congrats any how.

I think so too. Before I got my tort I talked to 2 breeders who both told me I can't pick one out because they have too many.

In other words, they don't feel like bothering with taking pics and finding the one you choose.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Where did you get that humidifier?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Looks good. Decent review too.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
what's the deal with this...come on UPS...don't you dare assume I'm at work and wait until after 5 to get here or something...don't just go in order from the sorting center to points farther away, there's a live animal that needs to be kept warm in my box! isn't a " next day air" more urgent than a "standard ground" and others? also don't like that they sometimes do deliveries to businesses first.

Status
Not open for further replies.