Vet Check today, hope all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudhira

5 Year Member
It has been around 2 weeks since rescuing this little Greek boy. According to experts here, he was wc before 1994, and has been in captivity since that time. He eats with gusto. His shell seemed a bit ratty and there are some areas in the plastron that look worse for the wear. I am hoping to help him return to full glory with the proper care.

We'll see what the vet says.

Do you know, how long it generally takes for a tort's shell to improve. It almost looks better already.

Many thanks

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi Sudhira,

My Tank is a Leopard I adopted in January 2007. He was very lumpy. In the first year he showed new growth improvement and his lumpiness as a result seems diminished. I first noticed real improvement within the first 7 months. I noticed the other day his latest new growth is even better. I think it depends on the extent of damage, the new environment and diet, humidity and exercise. Hope that gives you some idea.

Sudhira

5 Year Member
Thanks Sandy,

Report on Sufi is good. Vet thinks he is around 30 years old, and has weathered his life in captivity well. She feels he is a bit under weight at 655 gms. His tongue was a bit lighter pink than she would like. She feels that with his improved diet, proper temperature, lighting and humidity, that this will improve. I must take a fresh poo in for fecal check. No respiratory ills, which make me so relieved. She said his eyes are bright and he is spry, all good signs! Yay!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Great news from the vet !!! So glad to hear it Sudhira !!! Im so glad to hear that :) Im sure he will be so happy in his new home with you!

Sudhira

5 Year Member
Thanks Stazz! Me too. What a darling tortoise, but then what tortoises are not? I did add another CHE for night, as the the temps here have dipped a bit.

So fun!

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Sudhira - glad the vet check went well! Now you can breathe a sigh of relief and start really enjoying your new found friend. Have Fun!!

egyptiandan said:
What is his straight carapace length (SCL)? With that I can give you an idea of what he should weigh. Here's how to measure http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-6948.html

Danny

Danny -I'm curious to know how do you calculate what their weight should be after measuring their SCL?

Sudhira

5 Year Member
82% according to calcs. Looks like we have some work to do. Guess I should invest in a proper scale...

Status
Not open for further replies.