Vet help

Hankthetank

I was wondering if I have to be a certain age to take my tortoise to the vet like 18 or older or something or if I will have to sign anything. Also do I have to be a member to the local vet?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
You should not need any sort of membership and as long as you can pay, your age should not matter. They may ask for some sort of parental consent depending on the situation.

We might have some helpful tips if you tell us what the problem is. Not everything requires a trip to the vet.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
to be honest I don't know if that will take you if you're under 18. I will bring a parent along just in case. well you don't specifically enter into any sort of contract you do agree to pay all charges that could be a quagmire.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
When I was a vet assistant we didn't have an age limit, but we also didn't have any sorts of consent forms.

What seems to be the problem?

Hankthetank

When I was a vet assistant we didn't have an age limit, but we also didn't have any sorts of consent forms.

What seems to be the problem?
Well I would like to take my tortoise into the vet to make sure he is all healthy but my parents don't necessarily believe in taking pets for check up unless it's a dog or cat so I was going to pay for it all and see if I would take him in

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
I would say call the vet office and ask. Though if your tortoise acts healthy it should be fine. Could save you an expensive vet bill. I took mines for a check up & it was $82

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Make sure that you find a vet that specializes in tortoises and reptiles because most of them do not.
I'd save the money, myself. Unless there was a concern about something actually being wrong with the tortoise.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
I don't think you need anything , other than the ability to pay for services rendered . Even if surgery were required it is , after all a pet and not a human being .