Vets in glasgow, scotland?

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland
im wondering if anyone care recomend a vet for Fido, 2yr old hermans. we've only had him few months but would like to find a recomended vet just to check over him just so we know hes doing ok. ( tryed to add few pics, hope it worked!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 16

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). In my opinion, if you do not notice any real problems with him, I would not take him to the vet. Most vets have no or very little clue about tortoises. I would try to find one, for those times you may actually need one, but I would only use them at that time.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
hey guys, everything seams absolutely fine with him (assuming hes a he lol) but its just for peace of mind. aslo he has a microchip so want to update details on that.

we've been calling around to find somewhere with an experienced vet just should anything happen we would know where to go.

he's not fed much borcalli, also has cuttlebone constantly and food dusted with calsium powder every few days?

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
thanks folks! wee qwick question, we'r mainly feeding him bagged crispy flourette mix... a handfull twice a day is this ok? we were given pellets to feed him but read there not good for the little guys?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ,USA . I would start with spring mix , mustered greens , and collard greens .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
will looking getting them thanks. is a handfull twice a day an ok ammount? he always comes running over to feed and seams to really enjoy his food!

he'll run over when you call and hand feed a little as well :)

puffy137

will looking getting them thanks. is a handfull twice a day an ok ammount? he always comes running over to feed and seams to really enjoy his food!

he'll run over when you call and hand feed a little as well :)
try not to overfeed. I think once a day is enough