Water proofing agents- what do you know?

Wherethetortiroam

5 Year Member
I had a thread a while back concerning two turtles that I inherited that where brothers and started fighting. Once in a while turned into all the time so they where separated and eventually gave one away. But now I got him back and both are in the same tank again but with a seperator in the middle.

I'm making a attachment for my tank out of wood for them to get out of the water to sun bath and just more dry room to bask but I was wanting to know if there is something I could spray on it once I'm done so the wood don't rot or discolor

Will post pics when I'm done. Thanks for the help : )

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Non-toxic boat paint.

Nothing else is meant to be submerged.

Wherethetortiroam

5 Year Member
Doesn't seam like something a menards in nebraska would carry : /

Got a link? Is that what you use?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You won't find it at any hardware store. I did an internet search to find it. My Dad painted his 4x4x4' closed chamber with it and its been working great for over a year now.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
You can use roll on rubber liner, boat epoxy paint, 100% silicon with no anti molding agent

Wherethetortiroam

5 Year Member
Ok I look for boat paint on a separate note do you guys think that flex seal (as seen on tv) is a good thing to use on other things for critters that need water proofed?

Wherethetortiroam

5 Year Member
Ad why do I not want something with no anti molding agent? And is there anything else like that I should look for that's possibly poisonous to Torti?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I have been using Flex seal on my turtle pond for over a year now and all my turtles are ok

Wherethetortiroam

5 Year Member
Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
I have been using Flex seal on my turtle pond for over a year now and all my turtles are ok

Flex seal is awesome but not what I was looking for but I was able to mak this:

image.jpg

The upper part is what I was really focused on giving them which was a larger basking area separated from each other.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: