what are we really doin here

Status
Not open for further replies.

abra

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mass
Who said they were toys? Your opinion doesn't make sense to me. The turtle was not harmed at all. I'm sure she enjoyed having a big pool to swim in. I have a feeling you just wont admit your wrong and move on. But whatever, if your opinion wont change then there is no reason for a debate about it.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
This is by far the most annoying series of posts that I have ever read. I declare this post officially dead!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Matt

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Matt,

haha...yeah, it is....kind of like a car wreck, ....you just have to slow down and take a peek

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Squamta, YOU ARE the one that started the debate! Seriously!

Here a few words of advice for your from me, for free! I'll waive my hazard pay!!

If someone writes something or posts something that I don't agree with, I DON'T READ IT OR LOOK AT IT! You should try it, it's actually pretty easy to do! I just move on to the next thing!

I hardly EVER comment on your posts because I feel you are always looking for a FIGHT and personally I am a lover not a fighter! This is just another post that proves my feelings.

In another post you said you were shunned, so not true. I felt as though you were again looking to argue.

Your passionate for your animals, I get that, so is everyone else here. Try to look for the good in situations and not always come out of your corner swinging! I did not like the camera thing, so I chose NOT to comment. I do NOT like your snake pictures where it is eating another animal, I do not look or comment, and I will not judge you based on your pictures you choose to post! So, please don't do it to others, can't we all just get along! I am off my soap box now and I leave you with this picture:

hippo-1.jpg

I am sure you are a great guy, when your tortie was sick, I chose to comment and wish you both well.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
squamata said:
snakes eating is nature a turtle running around with a camera on its back diving in a pool is not.and the first time that turtle went up for air he was lifted watch the video and pay attention

Turtles can hold their breath for an extremely long time. He didn't need to be lifted up. But it shows the owner's concern for the turtle, doesn't it?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Your passionate for your animals, I get that, so is everyone else here. Try to look for the good in situations and not always come out of your corner swinging! I did not like the camera thing, so I chose NOT to comment. I do NOT like your snake pictures where it is eating another animal, I do not look or comment, and I will not judge you based on your pictures you choose to post! So, please don't do it to others, can't we all just get along! I am off my soap box now and I leave you with this picture:

hippo-1.jpg

I am sure you are a great guy, when your tortie was sick, I chose to comment and wish you both well.

[/quote]

IMO....I just want to say that this was a wonderful post that we could all learn from.......myself included.
One other thing....I think it's great to have fun with your pet, as long as you aren't stressing him out while having your fun. Every pet that we take into our care deserves the best treatment we can give him. I don't think that any animal should have to get one drop of stress for us to have our fun with it. I have worked with water turtles for over 30 years, and IMO, that turtle was clearly stressed out. I think it's like putting a 50 lb. bag of cement on your back and having a big bear chase you. Wouldn't be fun for me. But...again....everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Every debate is a learning experience. All we have to do is keep it civil, and respect each other's opinion, even if we disagree. That's why this forum is so great......try having a debate like this on another forum and see what happens. Ha!

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
mine was 20 min that i will never get back i had an extra page to read.. really guys, all of us here love animals.. i was against captivity of tortoises, but to be honest, my life has been full of life since i got Tobi.. we dont abuse each other we just have fun :D. Really is it worth it to get ur blood boiled over this, No, there was no slaughtering, killing, or beating going on in the video please just like Rodney says " cant we all just get along" :D

lincoln3313 said:
I just read this topic's posts, and now realize that it is 10 minutes of my life I will never get back.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Torty Mom said:
Squamta, YOU ARE the one that started the debate! Seriously!

Here a few words of advice for your from me, for free! I'll waive my hazard pay!!

If someone writes something or posts something that I don't agree with, I DON'T READ IT OR LOOK AT IT! You should try it, it's actually pretty easy to do! I just move on to the next thing!

I hardly EVER comment on your posts because I feel you are always looking for a FIGHT and personally I am a lover not a fighter! This is just another post that proves my feelings.

In another post you said you were shunned, so not true. I felt as though you were again looking to argue.

hippo-1.jpg

Just Love your signature picture.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Aldabraman, I think those pictures are from a zoo, the tortoise adopted the hippo! Super cute! I figured you would like it! :D It's all about love......as love knows no boundaries!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Torty Mom said:
Aldabraman, I think those pictures are from a zoo, the tortoise adopted the hippo! Super cute! I figured you would like it! :D It's all about love......as love knows no boundaries!!

I loveeeee Owen and Mzee :D I have 2 books about them :)

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Torty Mom said:

Actually, I rmember those pictures shortly after the tsunami's several years back, supposedly the baby hippo was a survivor and adopted the tort as "mommy" after it was rescued.

Here is a snopes link http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hippo.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.