What do ya think?

ryan57

Location (City and/or State)
PA
Thanks, that's about what I thought. I mixed up a tort salad all cut up...she ate it all, but she's did have a little trouble. No gas, injection, and they did tell me that they had contacted her previous exotic Vet and were following the same protocol used by the other Vet, but she didn't act this way from the other Vet. It's Sunday evening and she's still rather dopey. But she is moving around more this evening...but it's pretty hot here, so maybe she's just tired from the whole experience. That Vet will be open tomorrow, so if Mary hasn't improved a bunch, I'm gonna call them...thanks for the advice
Bottom line is whoever you took her to is a f’n moron. If someone did that to Stump he might have expedition tracks on his back in the parking lot or worse. Like me making an involuntary dental appointment for them where their top teeth are ground down to 1/8”.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
OK here is Mary 3 years ago after a beak trim...View attachment 358681
and Friday...
dscn1720-jpg.358615

They really worked on the top, filing away but now the jaws don't meet...see how the bottom photo the upper side don't meet the bottom either...I don't know what to do...(deep sigh)

Any other exotic vets near you?
F**k this “honey” lady b*@ch.
That’s Marry Knobbkins—HONEY!!!
We need the best of care for HER
you 🤬 …and you son of a 🤬🤬🤬🤬…

Don’t get me started Maggie. Now I’m
Po’ed for you..

ryan57

PA
Any other exotic vets near you?
F**k this “honey” lady b*@ch.
That’s Marry Knobbkins—HONEY!!!
We need the best of care for HER
you 🤬 …and you son of a 🤬🤬🤬🤬…

Don’t get me started Maggie. Now I’m
Po’ed for you..
From what I gather Mary Knobbins is an icon around here. This is like grinding the arm off the Statue of Liberty!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
From what I gather Mary Knobbins is an icon around here. This is like grinding the arm off the Statue of Liberty!
No… Marry is soooo much more.
And…
They probably would have done a better job on the Statue of Liberty 🗽..

Heck, STEVIE WONDER could have done a better job at grinding her beak!!!!!
With Ray Charles as the Anesthesiologist!!

Sorry Maggie… but he could have.

TortieBoy

Gold River
What's all this about grinding beaks? My Desert Tort has never had such a thing. He eats lawn and romaine. Lately he's been a real pig.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What's all this about grinding beaks? My Desert Tort has never had such a thing. He eats lawn and romaine. Lately he's been a real pig.
Mary Knobbins had poor care before she was found wandering the streets of Portland and that care led to her having a misaligned beak, with the bottom beak growing out past the upper beak. Maggie has been taking Mary to the vet periodically to try to get the beak shaped like it is supposed to be.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Thank you Y...
Mary Knobbins started out her life as a male Sulcata who was raised on the downtown cement streets of Portland Oregon. He was already badly pyramided and with a terrible under bite when I got him about 5 years ago. As he grew he was sexed again, hence his name change. If you know anything about dirt bike tires...they are called knobby's and they are bumpy for better traction in the dirt...So his name became Mary Knobbins...and he became a she, and she looks like a knobby tire. She's pretty ugly honestly, and she's just damned hard to keep sometimes. But it looks like I finally have her contained. You gotta see this...she is a better escape artist then 2 Russians and a Hermanni...lol this is how she entertains herself...that's a 15 inch tire she carries around, it's the funniest thing ever
dscn1557-jpg.358094

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Thank you Y...
Mary Knobbins started out her life as a male Sulcata who was raised on the downtown cement streets of Portland Oregon. He was already badly pyramided and with a terrible under bite when I got him about 5 years ago. As he grew he was sexed again, hence his name change. If you know anything about dirt bike tires...they are called knobby's and they are bumpy for better traction in the dirt...So his name became Mary Knobbins...and he became a she, and she looks like a knobby tire. She's pretty ugly honestly, and she's just damned hard to keep sometimes. But it looks like I finally have her contained. You gotta see this...she is a better escape artist then 2 Russians and a Hermanni...lol this is how she entertains herself...that's a 15 inch tire she carries around, it's the funniest thing ever
dscn1557-jpg.358094

Aaahhhh Mary……
WE LOVE ❤️ YOUUUUU!!!! 😍