What is this?

Lindsey0106

Location (City and/or State)
Ludlow, Shropshire
I've just given my baby a little soak. Left her for a two/three minutes. When I got back the water had this in it.
It smells quite bad. Is it vomit or is it poop? It's a bit more green than what it looks like on the photo so I'm thinking vomit. What may have caused this? Should I put her back in water in case she's lost a lot of fluid? I don't want to stress her out. She seems fine now, back basking and drying off.

Attachments

• 20241002_155419.jpg
    20241002_155419.jpg
    667.5 KB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
She's a western hermanns 15 months old. Called Betty
Oh how cute!! I don’t suppose you’d mind sharing how you keep her? It’s really nice to check in with newer members!😊

How are your temperatures? Ie basking temp(directly under the bulb)overall day temps, night temps?
What kind of lighting/heating are you using specifically? Packaging photos are good if you have any
Do you use indoor uv? If so what kind?
How’s your humidity? As she’s a baby is she in a closed set up? What do you use for substrate?

A photo of the full set up would be great if willing to share🥰Along with one of your adorable Tort🐢💚

Lindsey0106

Ludlow, Shropshire
I'm going to hold off taking a photo at the moment as it's not finished and is very basic atm. I need to get her a new enclosure that's bigger as she will be staying indoors for the winter now and i want to try adding a few plants.
But at the moment she's in a wooden table that is 3.5ft by 2 with a mesh lid with locks (i have cats and a small child) I've lined it with plastic sheeting which I can flap over the top at night to try and hold moisture.
The humidity is around 80-85 so think the plastic is doing its job with that.
I've got an arcadia basking flood light 75w and I've uploaded the fixture.
Temp on the basking side is around 30, 35 directly under. Theres a bit more room to lower the light if needed and can easiky raise it. I also want to get a thermostat so i can control it better. Not sure what the cool side is but in the covered 'bedroom' compartment it's always around room temperature so normally reads low 20s. I have 2 thermometers, little round black digital ones that also shows the humidity. Not sure how accurate they are.
I'm using coco coir for substrate which is damp underneath, dry on top which I mist in the mornings or if the humidity decreases and a large slate slab on the hot side. She has 2 small water bowls on either side, just big enough for her to sit in. But she just walks straight through them and makes a mess. I bathe her twice for 10 minutes a day.
Her diet is mainly weeds out the garden which I dust with calcium/vitamin powder and she occasionally chomps on a cuttlefish. She loves her food.
I'm in the UK so the weather is starting to get quite cold at night, I don't have any night heat in her enclosure. But our central heating keeps the house around 20.
I know I need to make a few upgrades, so any ideas and advice is very welcome!
@Littleredfootbigredheart

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241003_082853_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20241003_082853_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: