When it rains, it pours

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
I checked the incubator yesterday...

There were 2 of these with 2 more on the way.

There were 5 of these with 4 more cracka-lackin'.

And last but not least, 15 of these cuties with a handful more waiting for the signal to burst forth from their calcareous confines.
This one had already made a break for it and was trying to convince its sibling it was party time in the vast new world.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
The dark tort is Manouria emys phayrei or Black Burmese Mountain Tort

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The second shot is a really nice one, not to mention a good looking face looking out at you. I didn't recall you having the Mountains. Refresh my old mind, how many do you have?

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Thanks everybuddy for the compliments!

KB/Jacqui, that Yellow-Foot is one of the 'orange' phase. A sibling next to it is normal yellow. I couldn't get both in focus to show the contrast because they were leaping out of the eggshells. I returned them to the incubator before they did to allow them to absorb the remaining yolk.

Jacqui, at this moment, not counting 'armored chickens' before they're hatched, I have 37 phayrei; most of which are yearlings or hatchlings.

kbaker

5 Year Member
Michigan
HLogic said:
KB/Jacqui, that Yellow-Foot is one of the 'orange' phase. A sibling next to it is normal yellow. I couldn't get both in focus to show the contrast because they were leaping out of the eggshells. I returned them to the incubator before they did to allow them to absorb the remaining yolk.

I would like see and hear more about your yellows...babies and adults!:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
HLogic said:
Thanks everybuddy for the compliments!

Jacqui, at this moment, not counting 'armored chickens' before they're hatched, I have 37 phayrei; most of which are yearlings or hatchlings.

It's been a few years since I had any Yellowfoots around here. Seeing your pictures brought back old memories and still up a case of wants. Darn you! :rolleyes:

I have three young emys emys and keep thinking about may be extending out into those. My little guys are just so unique even among my other tortoises.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Sounds like Jacqui needs a trio of Mep's to even the Manouria balance! }:)

Status
Not open for further replies.