Status
Not open for further replies.

JLSchmittou

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Here is why they are pyramiding:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-The-End-Of-Pyramiding#axzz1f4UlyMd1

Here is what to do about it:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-How-To-Raise-Sulcata-Hatchlings-and-Babies#axzz1f4UlyMd1

Diet has very little to do with it.

I wish I could get $189 a piece for mine. I'd retire and start my new life as a tortoise farmer right away.

Right?!? My guys were $40 each. And the guy i bought them from ended up having at least 2 large clutches... Not bad having about $4k extra a year.. It'd be especially good if you could sell to tort enthusiasts instead of general public...

buckey

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Horn Lake MS
I got my sulcata (a rescue) from a bird and puppy show and sale. They were wanting $200 for "her"(actually it was a male..I knew it as soon as I picked it up and saw that the plastron was concave and a few days later him exposing himself.). So I asked if they would trade 2 Bearded Dragon. The owners daughter wanted money so she could buy a bird. So I went home and talked it over with my better half. Once she heard they wanted a bird she said " hey we have a bird they could have... that screaming Quaker that drives me crazy all day long" Went back to talk to the people who had it and we ended up making an even trade. All of us were happy with the trade. I also got my Leopard Tortoise from a trade of off Craigslist for the two Bearded dragons I was wanting to trade for the Sulcata.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Dudley came to me as a rescue.

Katherine

5 Year Member
My sulcatas were all rescued or adopted from people who couldnt provide for them when they outgrew their aquariums, I know also have their offspring : ) leopard tortoises were purchased off a rep site by a friend who couldn't afford vetting when they were ill so i guess they were "adopted" too. As a result I try to be super careful about who I rehome all our hatchlings too : )

Status
Not open for further replies.