• 2- breeder very smooth

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 3- breeder little pyramiding

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

leopardorgreek

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
I am currently looking to add to my collection of yearling leopards, I have two and know from this forum that its not ideal to have two so I want to add more. I found 3 yearling leopards but all are raised differently. I got one that was from a pet store but the person has had it for 2 years it has pronounced pyramiding (2-3 cm per scute) and its only 3 inches long. The person does take really good care of it now and I would be the cheapest of the three. I have 1 from a breeder that is nice and smooth at 3 inches but the breeder says he raises his slow (not sure what that means) and not in a closed chamber (but looks like it has been). Lastly I have a breeder who raises dry with a humid hide and the yearling has a little pyramiding but not as much as the first one, also the most expensive of the 3. I am trying to decide which one to get, being in Canada I can not be too picky because leopards are not common here and they are extremely pricey. Just looking for advice from the group here, price difference is about $100 between each one (2 is $100 more than 1 and 3 is $100 more than 2).

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Yes as you've already learned 2 torts could result in one having a pretty miserable and possibly short life, but I think that even groups of torts are only ok if they are housed in an area big enough so that they can avoid each other.
My leopard is over a foot long now and he has his own adapted room but there wouldn't be enough space to add any others.