White lines

THEELEG

Location (City and/or State)
Houston, TX
IMG_2707.JPG IMG_2709.JPG IMG_1740.JPG I've been noticing white lines coming in, I don't know if it's normal or anybody has had this before. Ideas??

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Yup, looks like your little cherry is starting to marble! Always fun to see how much they will marble.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi @THEELEG . Nothing to worry about. You tort looks nice and healthy. And very cute. GOD bless.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Hmm... marbling is like white streaks that look pretty. Kind of like when you marble a cake? Here's an example of a marbled cherry head. I stole this pic from @Pearly . :) This one is gorgeous!!
imageuploadedbytortoise-forum1471191395-520303-jpg.183644

So that's marbling... if that helps.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hmm... marbling is like white streaks that look pretty. Kind of like when you marble a cake? Here's an example of a marbled cherry head. I stole this pic from @Pearly . :) This one is gorgeous!!

Wow! This is beautiful! So is it genetic?

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I think so, but I'm not positive. Pearly would know for sure, though.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He looks good and normal. Shelol rot happens on the bottom shell, plastron. It's from being on damp substrate. RF need a high humidity but a dry top layer. The best I can describe it would be it looks like a brown, slightly wrinkly human scab.
If you do a search on here for shell rot, you should get a lot of threads that you can see what it looks like and other threads where people think it's rot, but looks normal

THEELEG

Houston, TX
He looks good and normal. Shelol rot happens on the bottom shell, plastron. It's from being on damp substrate. RF need a high humidity but a dry top layer. The best I can describe it would be it looks like a brown, slightly wrinkly human scab.
If you do a search on here for shell rot, you should get a lot of threads that you can see what it looks like and other threads where people think it's rot, but looks normal
Thank you again

tarta4ever

10 Year Member!
my cherry had marbling when i bought him, but after a few months they disappeared, then i read on internet that red foot develop marbling when the grow is too fast and there is some deficency in the diet, but i m not sure about the source.

THEELEG

Houston, TX
my cherry had marbling when i bought him, but after a few months they disappeared, then i read on internet that red foot develop marbling when the grow is too fast and there is some deficency in the diet, but i m not sure about the source.
Interesting

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee

- i read on internet that red foot develop marbling when the grow is too fast and there is some deficency in the diet, .. THAT IS COMPLETE AND TOTAL NONSENSE
- always question what you hear on EVERY redfoot "forum" / website you visit !!!
In most cases.
. the marbling doesn't stay as obvious very long...