Who here hates to make their bed?

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I got home to the Nook late this morning. I was beat so I made some coffee then took a 2 hr nap.....guess I was really tired.

Last night I slept at the other house..............

I know I'm not alone am I when I state, I HATE making my Bed! Hate it, hate it hate it almost as much as the sound of a vacuum cleaner!

So what are your Bed habits, out of bed! Yikes!

Do you make it or not and if you do, WHY?

This is a king sized bed tucked against the wall that we sleep parallel with the wall but dress the bed as if the head was at the wall. Neat trick the comforter allows.....it can take 20 minutes it seems! That's it's a big water balloon doesn't help when you clamber over it.
20240327_073759.jpg

Frankly, I never made my bed as a kid unless I had to...I got into the habit of making my bed as soon as I left home though in the 70's. Girls back then and still today, aren't too fond of occupying a place that looked very well like their predecessor(s) may have just vacated. So, for me it was sheer common sense....I still hate it though!

btw- of course I did it....look at the timestamps, it only took 4 minutes....but it's good enough.
20240327_074112.jpg

So come on, we won't raze you for your dirty habits....do you make your bed each morning?

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
ummm, why do you sleep parallel to the wall. I've never heard of anyone doing that routinely...

(and Im not a bed maker either)

Mr. RussianTortoise

NJ
I got home to the Nook late this morning. I was beat so I made some coffee then took a 2 hr nap.....guess I was really tired.

Last night I slept at the other house..............

I know I'm not alone am I when I state, I HATE making my Bed! Hate it, hate it hate it almost as much as the sound of a vacuum cleaner!

So what are your Bed habits, out of bed! Yikes!

Do you make it or not and if you do, WHY?

This is a king sized bed tucked against the wall that we sleep parallel with the wall but dress the bed as if the head was at the wall. Neat trick the comforter allows.....it can take 20 minutes it seems! That's it's a big water balloon doesn't help when you clamber over it.
View attachment 368564

Frankly, I never made my bed as a kid unless I had to...I got into the habit of making my bed as soon as I left home though in the 70's. Girls back then and still today, aren't too fond of occupying a place that looked very well like their predecessor(s) may have just vacated. So, for me it was sheer common sense....I still hate it though!

btw- of course I did it....look at the timestamps, it only took 4 minutes....but it's good enough.
View attachment 368565

So come on, we won't raze you for your dirty habits....do you make your bed each morning?
I make my bed every morning after our school had to watch a video about a person in the army making a speech about if you make your bed in the morning and you come home after a bad day "even if the day was awful and you didn’t accomplish anything, at least you’ll come home to a made bed"

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
ummm, why do you sleep parallel to the wall. I've never heard of anyone doing that routinely...

(and Im not a bed maker either)

so the wall doesn't block his Qi

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't make it every day but once in awhile. I actually like sleeping in a bed that wasn't made much better. It feels more comfy and loose, more like it's snuggling you.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Hate it? Yes. 100%. Wife still makes me do it though. Everything has to be pristine in HER house. lol

JoJosMom

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake, CA
I never used to make the bed, hated it, somehow by the evening time, the bed would be messed up again anyway from the dog or the pig. We recently moved to our forever home and from day 1, I make the bed every morning. I can tell you it irritates me when husband comes along and drops his pjs on the bed, knowing full well that I will come behind him, fold them and place on his pillow. I can't tell you why I do now, but something about owning our home made me want everything neat. So even though our days are filled to the brim, I have now made a routine every morning to move through our home and tidy up each room, sweep floors, clean the bathroom and kitchen before I start my day. Honestly takes me less time doing it everyday combined then battling it on the weekend.