Who's enclosure is this?

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Just wondering if anyone knows who's enclosure this was? I have some questions and I can't find the thread.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1397092066.723111.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
Can you give me a ballpark idea of a time frame?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There's no doubt in my mind that Jaizei will find it for you. Let's see how long it takes him.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I only wish I had that setup in my living room. My living room is huge though so I would love to have a super long one. So. Awesome.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
jaizei said:
No pressure.

They look like Showcase cages if that answers any of your questions.

You would be my hero if you could! I want to duplicate this, accept all for just my one tortoise so adding a ramp to the second floor. Tortoise condo!
Anyhow, I want to find out about the sliding doors, interior sealant that sort of stuff.
I scrolled through a ton of posts in this section clicking on anything that didn't say outdoor. :( should have subscribed

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Sh3wulf said:
jaizei said:
No pressure.

They look like Showcase cages if that answers any of your questions.

You would be my hero if you could! I want to duplicate this, accept all for just my one tortoise so adding a ramp to the second floor. Tortoise condo!
Anyhow, I want to find out about the sliding doors, interior sealant that sort of stuff.
I scrolled through a ton of posts in this section clicking on anything that didn't say outdoor. :( should have subscribed

If they are Showcase cages, then they are expensive (they look like the 60" which are $800+ each plus shipping). It will probably also be a lot harder than you'd think to make a ramp because of the way they are designed. If you look here, you can see that the top isn't completely flat and has spaces for lights.

It would probably be a lot cheaper (and easier) to make one out of wood. If you go that route, here is a guide to making your own sliding glass doors.

Tim/Robin also use them extensively, here's one of their setups.

Tim/Robin said:
I use A LOT of them. In my opinion, they are second to NONE!!!! They cannot be destroyed!! They are very easy to clean. It makes setting up micro environment very easy. I have some humid loving tortoises sitting right next to my Egyptians!!!! They also stack very nicely!! I raise all of my hatchlings in the small size. Very easy to regulate a constant temp. I also use the small size for any sick or animal I am concerned about. Here is a glimpse!!! :D

2009-04-24_3978.jpg

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-66187.html

katrvt

5 Year Member
I went looking and couldn't find it, but I have it stuck in my head that this person owns two red foots and two yellow foots...

Found it! Kellychipoos. On the rf /yf species specific section, called making new enclosures need advice.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Definitely Show Case Cages. We use them for Redfoot youngsters.
I can't see cutting into one without seriously damaging the whole thing. They are really well made.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    878.1 KB · Views: 160

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
You can find them for sale cheaper at reptile shows. I know Repticon in Houston and Dallas are always has a rep selling these. I am not sure if it is cash and carry or just order to ship, but I have on many occasions, almost bought a few. the only thing that stopped me is how fast my guys will out-grow even the largest one. I have Sulcatas and Leopards.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
I can't take any credit. My buddy is doing all the work. I am just bankrolling the project. He's very detail oriented, and has been researching for months. Can't wait to show you the finished product

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I can't take any credit. My buddy is doing all the work. I am just bankrolling the project. He's very detail oriented, and has been researching for months. Can't wait to show you the finished product
Good to have a friend like that.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Still going, but the table is gorgeous. Picture doesn't do it justice. It's huge! I can't wait to start setting it up. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1404651300.417822.jpg