Tortoises021.jpg

Tortoises026.jpg

Tortoises028.jpg

Tortoises029.jpg

Tortoises031.jpg

Tortoises032.jpg

Tortoises035-1.jpg

Tortoises036.jpg

How much is that tortoise in the window?

Tortoises009.jpg

Mary Ellen

5 Year Member
These pictures are sooo adorable. I love how your tortoises come right over to you to check out the camera. What is the substance that you have them on?

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Pics are good, and your tortis are soooo cute. Do you keep them all together? Just curious, what is that floating in the water?

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
Very cute! Your tortoises are adorable and so is your dog :)

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, what a nice family you have there! sooooooooooo sweet. thanks for posting them. lindy

Schlomo

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone. I've only had tortoises for about a month now. Never realized how cool these little guys could be. The Star was super shy for the first two weeks or so. He would always retreat into his shell at the first sign of movement. Now he is almost fearless - especially when there is food around. Every time I come up to his enclosure he will walk right up to me.

Mary Ellen said:
These pictures are sooo adorable. I love how your tortoises come right over to you to check out the camera. What is the substance that you have them on?

It was supposed to be a split of cypress mulch and organic top soil. After they started walking around and digging, it just started to mix together. For the Star, I had a bit of timothy hay for him and also some sphagnum moss in his hide, but as you can see - everything eventually started to mix together

DesertGrandma said:
Pics are good, and your tortis are soooo cute. Do you keep them all together? Just curious, what is that floating in the water?

The Star is together with a Gopher tortoise right now (both "adopted" recently). They were all kept together with an Elongated tortoise by the previous owners.

I'm planning to take the Gopher tortoise to a rescue in Georgia when I have a chance. I just don't think I have the space for him to be happy.

I put some clear decorative stones in the water because I was afraid it would be too deep for them

Schlomo

5 Year Member
laramie said:
How cute are they! I love the pics. What does your dog think of your torts?

He's been completely fascinated with them since we got them. He seems to think they are his little buddies - he's always whining trying to get me to let him get into their enclosure. I've been taking the bigger tortoises outside for walks and he'll just watch over them and make sure they don't go too far.

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00458.jpg

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Bangkok
That must be the cutest greek? herman's? i've ever seen. The head looks so big. Sooo cute!
Great pictures!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Ohhh look at that sweet little hatchling, charging at the camera :D And the Star is so curious :)
Great pics, and your puppy is adorable too!

Status
Not open for further replies.